Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you didn't know that Va. has a Crossbow season just attend the Hunting Show at the Showplace in Richmond. Went there today and there were wall to wall crossbows. Even have a shooting range where you can try before you by. One old boy had truck springs mounted on a 2X4. (Not really) If you are thinking about buying one you should check the show out.
Bubba[angel][angel][angel]

· Registered
780 Posts
That's what you think.Aim and pull the trigger,and to many more think.
It's still a little more to it.My brother has hunted with one for 4-5 years because of bad shoulders and has had no more luck than compound bow.You still need to practice and don't forget the deer can and will out jump the arrow sometimes if you try and shoot to far.They are not good for 50-100 yd shots like some think.
I started using one last year because of bad neck and shoulder problems and killed one deer last year and missed another one.The arrow hit a limb I didn't see and missed the deer at 25 yds.
I think they are easier to use from ground because you don't have that movement of pulling the bow back.
They aren't very light weight either.
That's my 2 cents worth.

· Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There seems to be a lot of mixed feelings on this one. Personally I gave up letting things get to me years ago. I will continue to hunt with my Compound Bow. I don't think that there will be that much more advantage to having a Crossbow instead of the Compound. A 175 lb Crossbow will shoot about the same as a 60lb Compound. Very little difference. One advantage to the Crossbow is it can be shot much easier and you can push it out of a truck window, but then if someone wanted to go that route he won't care if it is legal or not.
Bubba[angel][angel][angel]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.