Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well. For what it's worth? The old sob is back on line. The computer, I'me using is, like me OLD but , it still works. Again like me, slow. Hey Tony. Just may have to take you up on the help. I just installed a new modem. Went from a v90 to a v92. But as you would except. Like all people who come from the engineering ranks. I didn't read all the instructions, till after I made all the mistakes. Soooooo I have a few problems. Like, some solftware that didn't reload. But I made it on after a ton of problems with the internet service I'm with. Like getting an old disk with old dialup numbers. But that part is over. So we will see how it goes. Had to go with netzero high speed, because, dsl, isn't in my area. Thats what happens when you move just out side of a resort town and your in the boonyes.But I'm not complaining. You couldn't drag me back to where I use to live. I've turned into one of those old people who drive 30 in a 50 mile an hour zone. You know , the ones I use to cuss and you still do. bawhahahaha. Now I know why they can laugh,
while we use to get pissed.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bwahahahahaha ok kid now you can't lie about all those fish you say you catch. Not with me around again. Just like a bad penny. when you think you lost it. It shows back up again.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Yo yo yo... I'll get you up to speed Walt.
I'll say this much, it's great to have you back. We need some more old blood around here. I was getting lonely. I have something going on every single GD weekend until tiefest. After that, I'll drive out to your place and take a gander at your connections. It's been too long anyway... glad you are back Walt. I missed ya. :D

·
Registered
764 Posts
Glad to see you back on line. I'm sorry we never hooked up to do some fishing before I retired and moved out here to Colorado. While I will be back in MAryland to visit relatives on occasion, It's kind of hard to take my kayak on a plane.

Guy

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gosh gee you guys know how to make a guy red faced. Its good to hear from you guys again.

hey Guy didn't know you retired. Con grades. great. isn't it? If you do get back this way and get the time. you won't need your yak. i've got a boat or two we can use. I have a relative just out side of denver. he keeps after me to come out that way and stay with him for a few weeks. Just may give you a call some day.

hey mark. don't forget. you got to get tony down here this year, so we can go fishing.
last year the blues came up in april. it may happen again this year. they were here till just this week, only 3/4 miles out. don't know how this cold snap will afect them though.

jamie looking forward to seeing you at the tyfest. you have to get down to fish two. I under stand you had the burdden of taking the kid fishing for pickerel. I know what you went throw. bwahahahahaha

·
Registered
764 Posts
Thanks for the ride offer guys. Know that if you are ever out here and interested in some trout fishing just drop me a line, I'll be happy to take you around.

Walt, retirement is great. No more having to deal with underfunded budgets, citizens threatening my job, and the unrealistic expectations of the elected officials. No alarm clock going off at 5:00 a.m. monday through friday. When I get up I just check the weather; warm - go fishing, cold go skiing. There are even three excellent microbreweries here in town along with a couple of brew pubs and at one of the breweries one can stop in for free samples of what's brewing most days of the week.

Guy

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guy, I can't see a reason for ever leaving that town. Oh and ain't it great being able to fish when ever you want ant not having to look over your shoulder to make sure your boss didn't have the same idea.

Hey Joe man this year we will be doing some fishing. the porch is just about done. Only a few little things left to do and the trailer i started to build is finshed. And most importantlly the price of gas is coming down. I shouldn't say that to loudlly. Their is some really good news that may happen over here in a few years. Thier going to be starting a windmill fram just off shore. That is unless some cry babies don't slow them up. It will make for really gooood fishing when their finished.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Hey Walt, nice to see you back, first time on here for me in a while. If I don’t croak in the next few weeks I'll be back in LSD! BTW your not old; just been rode hard and put up wet…a lot!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Walt,

Glad you are back.. This place needs some CPR. Maybe Tony and I can come fix your computer and raise some cane. Still need to find those AJ's. See you in a month.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey ken put away wet, yea. rode hard I wish.
when you get down this way don't forget to call. their may still be some stripers in the inlet.

Hay Mark. like I was telling joe a few posts back. Man if they get that windmill farm going. It will make this area a fly fishing maca. they will be only a short run off. If i was hearing the guy who was on a local radio show right. they will have some where between 100 and 125 in 3 to 5 years. man will every thing from top to bottom love those thing and clean power to.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Tony,

There are always a couple of bottles of Fat Tire in fridge. New Belgium Brewing Co. the maker of Fat Tire, is the brewery that has the free samples. I have definitely enjoyed trying the local brews available. It's been a tough but necessary job in order to decide what I will keep on hand. I still have a few to go but for now it looks like what I will have here in the house is; Fat Tire, Cutthroat Porter from O'Dells Brewing Co. and Major Tom's Pomagranite Wheat Beer from Ft. Collins Brewing Co. My wife realy likes the last one.

New Belgium is the largest of the Ft. Collins mirco brews. Their products are currently available as far east as Chicago. But, they are about to begin an expansion that will double the capacity of the brewery. So it may in the cards that Fat Tire will show up in Maryland before too long.

Guy

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea Mark but don't say that to loud. Don't want bird lovers trying to stop them. I was surpised to find out just how fast those thing turn. At the tips they are moving 124 miles an hour. Man that moving.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Hi Walt, Glad to see you on line.
BTW, Send me 25 black Clousers or I'll tell everyone on the board the
circumstances of how we last met.
Ha Ha Ha
Dick

1 - 20 of 21 Posts