Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This used to be a great forum, with lots of participation by good people. As you can see by my post count, I was active here for many years.

I moved away from the Bay and don't fish much anymore, but I still check in every great once in awhile. Now, there are only a couple of posts a month, many never responded to. Really bleak.

What happened?
  • Nasty people who attack others?
  • Too many lurkers who bombard your fishing areas, and then get mad at YOU for being there?
  • Other?
Both of the above are part of the reason I drifted away and don't check in more often. It's just not worth the hassle. But maybe there are other reasons?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Facebook groups have killed off a lot of forums, not sure if that is the case here as I am new here. I have personally stepped away from Facebook and enjoy these types of forums much better.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
From what I can tell most folks when to facebook groups where they had a measure of control of who they were sharing fishing secrets with. That and the forum changed hands from someone who cared about fishing in the Chesapeake Bay to someone who was like Where? What is fishing?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hi

I really liked this Forum over others.

You and others are probably correct. I don't use FB at all. Never liked it and would rather miss items ((training seminars from vendors, etc) than join.

I haven't participated a lot at all over the past couple of years but will resume.

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts