Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Thats a 9/0 stainless trailer hook. It entered the knuckle and the point was under the nail. Got treated at Easton Hospital. Took 5 1/2 hours. Xray, bag of antibiotics, and removal. Couldn't punch it threw because of the nail so they made an incision along the shank and lifted it out. couple of stitches and a script for oral antibiotics and I got to leave.
Hook was originally connected to a 32oz mojo. Luckilly, there were cutters on board. I think I'll get cutters for my boat. Might come in handy someday...................:D

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Holy **** Leon! thats the worst Ive seen ,that thumb is going to be sore for quite a wile:yes:

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
DAMN LEON
I have to go take some psinkillers just looking at it
Hope you heal soon
Did you get a tetnus shot too??

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
26,108 Posts
OUCH :eek: - that is a brutal hook to get in your thumb.Once you heal up - we need details of how it ended up in your thumb.

Serious - it might prevent one of us from doing the same thing.Hope it heals fast :thumbup:.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I just got a set from my snap on dealer for the boat. came with a spinner bait and a knife. Hope i dont have to use it on myself. Im hoping to use it on a hook inside a big fishes mouth. by the way did that hurt right away or did it take a min. Hope it healf fast for ya. john

·
Registered
383 Posts
Holy schnieckies Leon, that sucks. Looks dam painful too. If it can happen to you it can happen to anybody. Take it easy.

Ted

·
Registered
738 Posts
Did they put you on the meds that you can't go in the sun for 2 weeks :eek2:. That's what happened to me last year during spring trophy season. I feel your pain

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Skip- Drove over a rouge crab pot in the middle of nowhere and fouled 5 lines. broke everything off and came back for the rigs. Pulled up the rope and retreaved quite a mess, all togather. I picked up the whole tangle with both hands, the mojo fell free and the trailer caught my thumb on the way down.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Some good info (Mayoclinic.com)

Just some good info with rash of hand injury as of late. Vaccine ain't just for kids make sure you are up to date.

Vaccination is the best way to protect against tetanus, a serious disease caused by a bacterial toxin that affects your nervous system. Adults should receive tetanus booster shots every 10 years. Although getting tetanus shots more frequently generally isn't harmful, it may increase the risk of soreness or redness at the injection site.

Tetanus bacteria can enter your body through even the tiniest cut or scratch. But deep puncture wounds - such as from stepping on a nail /fishhook- are most susceptible to tetanus infection. If you suffer such an injury and it's been more than five years since your last booster, you should receive another tetanus shot. If you can't recall when you last received a tetanus shot, you should get the booster - especially if you're pretty sure it was more than five years ago.

Those who've never been immunized against tetanus should receive the initial tetanus series - three tetanus shots given over a period of seven to 10 months.
Leon looking at that one still hurts I am going to get more pain killers. :eek2::eek2:

·
Premium Member
26,108 Posts
Leon - thanks for the info , damn that sucks. I'll be sure to be more careful with my MoJo's.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
John- happened so fast it was in before I knew it. Hurt like hell and then went numb. I was glad of that.
Jason- Yes, thats the stuff. I doubt I can stay out of the sun for that long.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Damn, hope it gets better soon. Maybe you should stick to LTJ, see what you get when you try to troll:eek2:. Sorry to hear about the mess with the lures and your thumb.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Holy Sheet !!!!

Damn Leon if you didn't have bad luck you would have no luck at all. Maybe one day you'll be able to look back at it and laugh but I doubt you're laughing now. Man, that does look nasty. Looking at that pic it's hard not to feel your pain Bro. :eek: Take care of it and I hope you recover quickly. Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Ouch ! Made me cringe just looking at it.....guess youll have to reel left handed for a while. Hope you heal fast and get back out soon.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts