Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
issue, but there's one thing I cannot understand. What's up with the protesters that are waving the Mexican Flag? How could they possibly think this would help their cause?

·
Registered
62 Posts
The few I have talked to really believe they have a right to the southern part of the USA. (Cal,Ariz, N.M. & Texas). The also do as they are told.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[Q]David23 originally wrote:
The few I have talked to really believe they have a right to the southern part of the USA. (Cal,Ariz, N.M. & Texas).
[/Q]In that case, we should definitely export them back and let them try to retake it "fair-and-square".[smile]

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
it's not complicate dgeorge, just go to lavozdeaztlan.com or ihategringos.com and you'll figure it out pretty quick. it is time to bring the boys home from iraq and put them to work doing some real "homeland security" work on the border, locked and loaded, just like on the dmz on the korean peninsula, works pretty good at keeping communists out of s. korea, bet it'll work at keeping littlre brown people in mexico and scummy employers here very unhappy!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
[Q]Jerry Grimes originally wrote:
It seems to me they are doing it with out firing a shot.
[/Q]
Bingo! Why does our next door neighbor do no harm, yet Countries on the opposite side of the world plan, plot, and die to attempt to destroy us ???

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Notice the last paragraph. Looks like the Dems want the illegals to bolster the vote. Afterall, when and if they get back the House/Senate, they'll owe much to the illegal constituency. Hmm hows we get some new Bills and taxes to pay for the 15 million or so illegals. I got a better idea. Why dont we just take over Mexico, and I will gladly trade places. I wont have no problemo throwing some flies at Ascension Bay's Boca Paila, or the North Yucatan. Sure beats the hell out of the polluted Balto Harbor. Charter anyone..

Thousands Rally for Immigrant Rights By ANABELLE GARAY, Associated Press Writer

DALLAS - Tens of thousands of people banged drums, waved U.S. flags and marched in a protest Sunday urging federal lawmakers to pass immigration reform that would legalize an estimated 11 million undocumented workers.

Shouting "Si Se Puede!" — Spanish for "Yes, we can!" — the marchers crammed into the downtown streets. They included families pushing strollers with their children and ice cream vendors who placed American flags on their carts. Many wore white clothing to symbolize peace.

Police estimated the crowd at 350,000 to 500,000. There were no reports of violence.

It was among several demonstrations that drew thousands of protesters Sunday in New Mexico, Minnesota, Michigan, Alabama, Utah, Oregon, Idaho and California.

"If we don't protest they'll never hear us," said Oscar Cruz, 23, a construction worker who marched among the estimated 50,000 in San Diego. Cruz, who came illegally to the U.S. in 2003, said he had feared a crackdown but felt emboldened by the large marches across the country in recent weeks.

In Birmingham, Ala., demonstrators marched along the same streets where civil rights activists clashed with police during the 1960s and rallied at a park where a statue of Martin Luther King Jr. stands as a reminder of the fight for equal rights and the violence that once plagued the city.

"We've got to get back in touch with the Statue of Liberty," said The Rev. Lawton Higgs, a United Methodist pastor and activist. "We've got to get back in touch with the civil rights movement, because that's what this is about."

Organizers in St. Paul, Minn., were surprised by the crowd calling for change at a rally at the state Capitol. Police estimated the crowd at 30,000.

The rallies also drew counter-demonstrators.

In Salt Lake City, Jerry Owens, 59, a Navy veteran from Midway wearing a blue Minuteman T-shirt and camouflage pants, held a yellow "Don't Tread on Me" flag.

"I think it's real sad because these people are really saying it's OK to be illegal aliens," Owens said. "What Americans are saying is 'Yes, come here. But come here legally.' And I think that's the big problem."

Sunday's demonstrations come ahead of nationwide protests set weeks ago for Monday, a signal that what began as a string of disparate events — attracting tens and even hundreds of thousands of people — has become more coordinated.

"We don't have a leader like Martin Luther King or Cesar Chavez, but this is now a national immigrant rights movement," said Joshua Hoyt, director of the Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights, which has helped organize Chicago-area rallies.

Activists say the Senate's decision last week not to push a bill that would have given many illegal immigrants a chance at citizenship is neither a cause for celebration nor a lost opportunity — it's a chance to regroup.

And that's what they plan to do at demonstrations from Florida to Oregon that include school walkouts and marches in major cities.

Religious groups nationwide have been coordinating the protests in recent weeks, along with dozens of unions, schools and civil rights organizations.

Part of their goal has been to recruit more Asian and Middle Eastern immigrants. Most protesters have been Hispanics and high school or university students.

Many groups had been preparing to rally since December, when the House passed a bill to build more walls along the U.S.-Mexico border; make criminals of people who helped undocumented immigrants; and make it a felony, rather than a civil infraction, to be in the country illegally.

Those mostly local and regional efforts, supported by popular Spanish-language disc jockeys, quickly converted into national plans after hundreds of thousands of people demonstrated in dozens of cities last month, culminating March 25 with a 500,000-person rally in Los Angeles.

Different organizers have different agendas, but they do agree on the need to convert energy from protests into massive voter registration drives.

Voter registration and citizenship education initiatives are set to begin in several states after a "Day Without An Immigrant" campaign planned for May 1, an event that asks immigrants nationwide to stay home from work and school, and refrain from buying U.S. products.

"Marches will only get you so far," said Armando Navarro, coordinator of the National Alliance for Human Rights, a network of Hispanic activist groups in Southern California. "There has to be an electoral component to get the Republicans out of the majority."

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Quote Frank:
Police estimated the crowd at 350,000 to 500,000. There were no reports of violence.

Where were these crowds when the Republican majority of the Supreme Court of the United States took away the American homeowners rights to private ownership of property?

I do not support "illegal immigration" and many legal immigrants agree. Having a protest crowd of that magnitude with no reports of violence is America standing proud and tall...regardless of ones position on the issue being protested.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
"Marches will only get you so far," said Armando Navarro, coordinator of the National Alliance for Human Rights, a network of Hispanic activist groups in Southern California. "There has to be an electoral component to get the Republicans out of the majority."

I guess reading skills arent what they use to be. Guess what, hello DC. Anyone speak Spanish.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Immigration reform will require real cooperation and compromise. Those with pre-concieved notions and attitudes, like CaptFrank, should move towards the back, please.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
The problem is that your party is pandering for votes, while my party is pandering for cheap labor. Who will win out. We'll find out in 08. I think though that statements by groups like NAHR & CASA, seem to say we want to be the Dem friend, just change some laws and you'll get our vote. The Dems are hungry for votes since 2000, so my belief is that they will at least play the part of a supportive party, while not peeing off its paying legal customers. Having a 100% hispanic vote in their back pocket will be tough to counter.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I guess Frank missed out on the part where it was his numero uno hero GWB thats the main backer of this whole plan or that legal hispanics have been swinging to the republican party

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
14,062 Posts
If it's so complicated, why do you seem to be demanding an instant solution?

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[Q]Fritzer originally wrote:
why do you seem to be demanding an instant solution?
[/Q]Who is? There goes your imagination again.

·
Registered
12,808 Posts
Twelve + million univited illegals whats so hard or complicated about that.If you were having a party of 20 or so guests and 2 unknowns show up what would you do?

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[Q]Jerry Grimes originally wrote:
Twelve + million univited illegals whats so hard or complicated about that.If you were having a party of 20 or so guests and 2 unknowns show up what would you do?
[/Q]It depends on whether I needed any yardwork done. smile]

A better question is "what would GWB do"?

·
1,292 Posts
Illegal = Illegal.

No respect for themselves
No respect for this country

WE GOT ALONG FINE BEFORE THEY POURED INTO THIS COUNTRY DEMANDING WELFARE, HEALTHCARE AND PUBLIC EDUCATION.

Congressman: http://www.house.gov/writerep/
Senators: Allen and Warner: http://senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?State=VA

·
14,062 Posts
[Q]captaingeorge originally wrote:
[Q]Fritzer originally wrote:
why do you seem to be demanding an instant solution?
[/Q]Who is? There goes your imagination again.
[/Q]

http://www.tidalfish.com/boards2/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB_AP882741451&id=189630

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Guess who is sucking all the social security up ? Guess who gets their groceries for free (food stamps) ? Guess who has the best health insurance ( $0 co-pay, $0 premiums ) ?

Guess that is why everyone what to come to the FREE country !

1 - 20 of 47 Posts