Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This forum is filled with criticism of GWB and much of it I agree with.

But, looking back, and acknowledging his real failings ( budget deficits, went along with pork barrel spending, underestimated Iraq insurgency), I would give him some credit for recognizing the failures of public education, busting the Taliban and securing two good Supreme Court Justices.

In my estimation his two grandest accomplishments are:

1. Sparing us Gore and,

2. Sparing us Kerry.

God only knows where we'd be if either of these two bozos had been elected. If we had two more like Souter, Ginsburg....., we could kiss the Constitution goodby by judicial decree.

It's time for a new party. The two we have are corrupt beyond saving without the influence of a new one of morality and responsibility. Our country is drowning in government meddling in everyday affairs, taxation and debt. When our government refuses to enforce the law and defend the integrity of our borders for fear of offending a "voting block" we are in deep trouble.

It's time for real change.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
[Q]COAN RANGER originally wrote:
and securing two good Supreme Court Justices.
[/Q]Aren't you being somewhat hasty in your evaluation? After all, Conservatives thought they elected a good solid Conservative as President...twice.[smile]

·
Registered
474 Posts
I once thought Ross Perot would have made a hecht of a pres

his charts were impressive to me, a no nosense kind of guy

but towards the election, he kinda got squirelly

i still voted for him, just in protest

QUESTION

do u think Ralf Nader would be a good pres.

he certainly had some frsh ideas
and didn;t seem like the rest of those big headed politics guys

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
I liked Ralph, but how come they can't get some representation in the legislature? I don't think an indy or 3rd party prez can work without more than 1 indy senator and 1 indy representative.

·
Registered
474 Posts
i think all politicans are scum, repubs, democrats

they only want power and $

99% dont give a rats A$$ about the people

i hate i mean hate politics

and I dont understand how one can say one party is better than the other.

not much honor these days with these guys.

geese they get limos, special retirement packages and all kinds of perks ect

i dont get how some folks can defend these guys.

I do think GWB(squerilly as he is) is basically an honst guy with some integerity.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
[Q]stevesea originally wrote:
I once thought Ross Perot would have made a hecht of a pres

his charts were impressive to me, a no nosense kind of guy

but towards the election, he kinda got squirelly

i still voted for him, just in protest

QUESTION

do u think Ralf Nader would be a good pres.

he certainly had some frsh ideas
and didn;t seem like the rest of those big headed politics guys
[/Q]I thought the same about Perot when he first came out but then he went nuts. Ralph Nader is a bigger nut than Perot was right before the election. He would ruin this country and thats why as hard as he tries can only get a small fraction of votes. He wants the goverment to take over all of the large corporations. Disarm our military and reduce them to nothing pulling all of them from around the world. He has alot of other crazy ideas that I can't think of at the time. I do agree its time for another party or if nothng else limit congress to 1 six year term so they could vote from within and not for votes next election.We sould put a cap on fund raising and have several open forums for them to get their message out. Its time we take the career out of politics.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[Q]captaingeorge originally wrote:
[/Q]Aren't you being somewhat hasty in your evaluation? After all, Conservatives thought they elected a good solid Conservative as President...twice.[smile]
[/Q]You're right, it is too early to draw conclusions about them but, so far, so good.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
The Psychic Political Party: Stating what cannot be known as fact...eg Sparing us Kerry and Gore. This of course does not bother this poster as facts in his head are illegal immigrants.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Negative campaigning works when you're good at it like Rove and Bush are. I don't think it's the only reason Bush won twice, but it was an important factor, especially in 2004. On this board during that election there was much more negative Kerry material than positive for Bush. It was as if many Bush supporters could name many more reasons not to vote for Kerry than reasons to vote for Bush. When so little of the campaign is devoted to Bush's positives, the basis for governing after the election is thin, in my opinion, and this partly accounts for how he perceived now and his low ratings.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
[Q]captaingeorge originally wrote:
[/Q]
Thats totally not true. He was the least of the 2 evils in my estimation and as Coan stated still is.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
14,062 Posts
[Q]djones originally wrote:
Negative campaigning works when you're good at it like Rove and Bush are. I don't think it's the only reason Bush won twice, but it was an important factor, especially in 2004. On this board during that election there was much more negative Kerry material than positive for Bush. It was as if many Bush supporters could name many more reasons not to vote for Kerry than reasons to vote for Bush. When so little of the campaign is devoted to Bush's positives, the basis for governing after the election is thin, in my opinion, and this partly accounts for how he perceived now and his low ratings.
[/Q]

Oh yeah, the Kerryites ran a really clean, positive campaign too, especially on this board.

You're perceptions are so warped it's not even amusing anymore.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Swift Boat, fritz, Swift Boat. Pure evil genius. Made any of the other side's campaign nastiness look like Sunday School.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
[Q]Fritzer originally wrote:
[/Q]

Oh yeah, the Kerryites ran a really clean, positive campaign too, especially on this board.

[/Q]You clearly didn't read a word he said...just had the standard attack shots ready.[sad]

·
Registered
762 Posts
[Q]Fritzer originally wrote:
[/Q]

[/Q]

Ah yes, the familiar ad hominem attack.

To address the substance, as I prefer to do over attacking the messenger, let's consider the definition of negative campaigning:

"Negative campaigning is trying to win an election by attacking an opponent rather than emphasizing ones own positive attributes or policies"

Well, by golly, it doesn't say that it's dirty, or even that it's untrue. Now, let's go back to what I said....

Gee, I don't seem to have said that Kerry didn't negative campaign as well. Actually, I was just complimenting that effectiveness of the Rove/Bush campaign.

It's better to read the substance before immediately jumping to attack.

·
Registered
762 Posts
"You're perceptions are so warped it's not even amusing anymore. "

You're still having problems with your possessive pronouns, Fritzer. Yesterday's attack on me was "your delusional" which would state that I own something called a "delusional". Today's grammatical error in your personal attack was the opposite. You stated "you are perceptions..."

Maybe UCLA has a remedial grammar course that could help.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
14,062 Posts
[Q]hippie joe originally wrote:
Swift Boat, fritz, Swift Boat. Pure evil genius. Made any of the other side's campaign nastiness look like Sunday School.
[/Q]

Rathergate - At least the swiftboaters knew Kerry and had their documentation down. Or was Nixon made President several months early just so Kerry could recall his "Christmas in Cambodia"?

For Rathergate, the democratic operatives invented memos (stupidly on a computer in a typeface that didn't exist during the period in question), and their allies in the media (Dan Rather, Mary Mapes and the 60 Minutes gang) all conspired to put them out as gospel.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts