Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Events that have taken place over the past few months, which were out of our control, have Charlestown Marina questioning whether or not the want to host the 2007 C&R fishing fleet. In the best interest of the TF fishing fleet that slip's there, I have made contact with the Wellwood Marina and worked out fee's and rates for the upcomming C&R season (March 1st to May 3rd).

The Wellwood Marina, which is located in the same complex/grounds as the Charlestown Marina (long story), said they would be happy to have the TF community aboard this C&R season and offer the following rates and fee's...

Slip Rental:
$50 per week
$100 per Month
$180 per C&R season (March 1st to May 3rd)

With slip rental:
free parking
free trailer parking at Wellwood Club
24 Hr TV security cameras on your boat
personal security code for gated entrance to dock
Restroom w/town water showers
Electric and water at slip

For those of you who will only trailer your boats and lay over at the Charlestown ramp:
The fee's for parking at the Wellwood Club, normally $7 a day will move to $50 a month if you wish.

Disclaimer: I have no financial interest, nor will I recieve any compensation from the Wellwood Marina.

You will have to call and make your own arrangements and set your own dates. There are about 30 to 35 slips avail. Food and spirits are right there at the Wellwood Club too.

The Wellwood Club
Larry Metz
523 Water St
Charlestown, MD 21914

410-287-6666
www.wellwoodclub.com

As usual, I look forward seeing you all this upcomming season.

Bruce Criscuolo

PS: all new 30' slips

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
I agree, last season was the best I've experienced in 5 years. Low clear water makes for great fishing but unfortunatley a poor fecundity or a low number of surviving eggs. High dirty water protects more eggs and young of the year but the only way you're going to catch them is with bait for the most part.

Question about parking, does the $50 include boat on a trailer storage for a month? I'll be splitting my time evenly between the susky flats and other C&R tribs, all depending upon water clarity.

Does the C&R section extend all the way to Lapidum ramp again?

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
299 Posts
Bruce,

Thanks for doing the legwork here... I kept my boat at Charlestown last year and swore I would never do it again. They moved my boat at least 5 times, from slip to slip, without my knowlege. Twice I returned to the slip after fishing to find another boat in my slip using my dock lines.

I spoke to Larry at the Wellwood and he assured me that wouldn't happen on his dock.

Thanks again for checking into this. Let's hope for another dry winter & spring so the susky stays clear.

CB

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I think we all owe Bruce a word of thanks for getting this all set up at Wellwood Marina.
Thanks Bruce I owe you a dinner.
I guess we'll be called "The Wellwood boys" :) maybe there is a better name?
Les

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Thanks

Thanks Bruce for working this out. The price is great and it looks as we will be getting more services for less money. I never had any problems at Charlestown Marina but like the idea of the added security. Called Larry yesterday and my check went out today.

It would have been a shock to think we had slips at Charlestown, only to find they were not available.

Again, thanks.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Just sent my check in today.
Maybe we should start a new thread as to who is keeping their boats there.
Again Thanks to Bruce for getting this set up.
I am looking forward to meeting all you fishermen who will be there at Wellwood.
Fishin'Friend Les

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.