Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of an all day event at a controlled site, halfday on the water safety instruction by ACA certified guides and instructors, Second half would be on the water fishing basics, Including fighting big fish (aka a diver) riging tips and other basics, from the local kayak fishing experts. If we do this it would have to be limited to 15 people, with 5 alternates. First come First serve! Cost is to be determined, but we believe somewhere around $75/ person.

What do ye think?

First 15 to email me at [email protected] will get dibs.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Would the "fighting large fish" demostration be artificial lures only or would bait and circle hooks be ok?[wink] he he he.........

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont worry,.......Well use barbless hooks on you![grin]

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'll take a day off work to go out for something like that. I could really use it. I've been picking up pointers along the way by all different guys on and off the board. Where, when and what all should I bring?

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'm usually free every other Friday, including tomorrow. I'd plan for it if it's on one of those Fridays and try my best to make it otherwise.
Mark

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THis will probably happen late summer/early spring, most likely late september.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Goby, the ACA instructors are not cheap. Do you know what to do if you have to rescue someone, or yourself. The ACA methods are proven! $75 - $100 is a deal if you ask me.

·
Registered
253 Posts
As far as the $75 comment, I hate paying $4 to park at Crab creek....

I'll just keep it at that because I know that when I type what is on my mind I can come off sounding like an ahole and that is not my intention.

I am sure for the newby this will be a very educational class and will put you ahead of the learning curve.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts