Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked at tides for next week around CBBT for the evening Striper fishing I want to try, as I'll be in town for turkey day. I noticed that high tides is mid afternoon most of next week, so the 5-8pm time frame has low tide

How do the stripers behave on the incoming tide? How bout the last 1/2 of outgoing? I know I need current to make a trip really exciting most times.

Hope some other folks are thinking about getting out over the holiday in their plastic boats.

· Registered
580 Posts
Pete,

Check the tides and current at www.tides.com. You need to click on 'current' instead of 'tide'. The tide runs different than the current out there. It's confusing but punch in 'Little Creek' or 'Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel-Thimble Shoal Channel'. Split the difference in time and that should tell you what the current will do at the small boat channel. Generally the first part of the outgoing or incoming tide is best. If it looks like a weak tide, they may not turn on at all. Most people think the outgoing is better at CBBT and incoming is better at HRBT. I've had good luck with incoming and outgoing at both. It just seems like the fish come up when the current gets moving and leave when they get full of baitfish or get tired. Post when you plan to go and maybe you'll get some company!

Tom

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be in town Wednesday through Saturday, so gonna try Wednesday night and Friday night. I remember we had a floatilla last year Friday after Thanksgiving but lots of guys left before the current really picked up. The three of us who stayed hammered em from 10:30 to 1:30 am, and that was on a tide that was high at 8:00 and took a while to get going out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.