Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have not been down to fish from rail/shore wlways took boat last few years. guy just told me you are not allowed to go past rail on to rocks to land fish.you have to haul them up over ?or have net w/long handle? Is this right? would need stiff rod to drag up over rocks and not damage rod. info would be appr. thanks [smile]

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
not allowed past the rail? Thats news to me, what about the jockeys out on the end? That doesn't sound right to me, I'd bet that is not correct.

·
Registered
158 Posts
When I fish IRI always stand on the rocks past the rail and never was told to move. Either it's a rule that's not enforced or your info. is not correct.
Lance

·
Registered
37 Posts
HAVE FISHED THE ROCKS FOR YEARS ALWAYS PAST THE RAIL, HOWEVER, WHEN PAST THE RAIL AND PEOPLE ARE SWIMMING YOU CAN'T FISH THE SURF SIDE.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Haven't been there for 2 years but what I gather from other fishing boards is that bridge construction has changed the parking situation there substantially (among other things), especially on the N side. So expect some changes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was fishing on the rocks inside the rail last October. Got checked by the fish cops and nothing was said about where I was standing.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just got back from i r i and was fine on rocks,careful but fine. nobdy i spoke with knew of such a rule. so bad info was given to me. thanks all who responded. oh and we got blues [smile]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts