Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone provide current fishing/crabbing information for Indian River and back bays? Wondering if it's worth my while to purchase a De. fishing license while vacationing in Bethany in the next several weeks.

My other option would be to fish Maryland coastal waters or drive over to the Chesapeake Bay fro fishing and crabbing - I know what's going on in Md.

Any info would be appreciated - good or bad - Pmail me if you like. Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Crabbing has been fairly productive in all of the back bays, especially when drifting for flounder.

Flounder have been running small as a rule, spot have not really shown up in great numbers yet. Some recent croaker bites off and on. No hot spots to pm you with, sorry, as there is no consistant action in the bays, inlet or surf. Some night time action in the inlet, scattered small blues and kingfish in the surf interupted by the occasional skate or small shark.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Indian River Inlet is a great place to fish. Couple things to use - drop eels on the incoming and outgoing on the bottom in the middle of the inlet, pick up nice stripers. Throw jigs - Stingsilver and the like - around the pilings for same fish on slack tide. Maybe even pick up a nice grey trout or drop a live spot in the inlet for all of the above. Buck tails on the bottoms during the incling or outgoing with a strip work as well. Take your golf shoes and go out on the jetty for all of the above with an ocean spray. Local bait stores as a great source for local input. Good luck And post when you go.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Wonder if I could catch flounder along the beach? I use to catch flounder long ago from shore, I think it was behind the Coast Guard Station. I think, Is there a Coast Guard Station at Indian River Inlet?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
You can catch flounder n the inlet off the shore - buck tail and a strip or gulp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts