Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some small repairs that need done. I am trying to install a stereo and speakers and my livewell pump is not working. I would usually go to shop but shouldn't have to pay 100 per hour for repairs like this any suggestions.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have some small repairs that need done. I am trying to install a stereo and speakers and my livewell pump is not working. I would usually go to shop but shouldn't have to pay 100 per hour for repairs like this any suggestions.
You can do it yourself with simple tools. The stereo and pump come with instructions, I'm sure. You can always do a google search for better instruction or look at You Tube for a video on how to do it.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Inexpensive Boat Mechanic is an oxymoron...............

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
You can do it yourself with simple tools. The stereo and pump come with instructions, I'm sure. You can always do a google search for better instruction or look at You Tube for a video on how to do it.
I agree...have done both myself but it did take 3 times longer than it should have and my neighbors discovered how extremely well I could curse.

Couple things to consider...are there factory cut outs for stereo & speakers? Is the pump itself east to access? If yes, go for it as there is not much you can screw up... if no, find a shop.

I'm lucky in that my local auto mechanic owns a couple boats and will do this type of work (off the clock) in his shop for $25 an hour and I can help.

Good luck with your project...busy season for boat repairs. A knowledgeable auto mechanic may be your best bet. Definitely worth a few phone calls.

·
Registered
176 Posts
$100.00 an is cheap most are around $120.00

1 - 14 of 14 Posts