Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a inflatable that can be carried on an airline (or checked) to take to the Bahamas. I am attempting to try and get to some out of reach spots that are not easily accessable by foot. Some of the boats I have looked at look like souped up pool toys and my main concern is hearing a "pissssssssssss" as the sun is going down. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? I have settled (unless anyone has a different opinion) on the Aire and SeaEagle kayaks, but am having a tough time making a decision from there.....any suggestions or opinions are welcome!
Jamie

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have never used an inflatable yak but have owned and spent a lot of time with Zodiacs. The thing that makes them safe is a number of compartments. Even a small Zodiac has 4 air chambers any two of them will float the boat. The valves are very good and you always carry a pump. Get a small hole and you can keep it topped up. This happend to me once and we did not even stop fishing.

If the inflatable yak depends on one chamber and cannot be topped up while on the water I would say it's just a toy

Boats

1 - 2 of 2 Posts