Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would jiust like to know if any one out there knows of any still hunters or antis,landowners taking hounds,tracking collars,etc...I have heard of a lot of this going on already AND WE ARE TRYING AND WILL CATCH SOMEONE.It is a felony charge to kill a hound or take tracking collars off.I am not asking for opinions on hound hunting just trying to bring some azzhole to justice.Any info could lead to a reward!!:helpsmilie:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hate to say it but usually what is going on is other hound hunters stealing other clubs dogs to use for the season and then they either show up later or get dumped somewhere else after they don't need them any longer. Obviously if the dogs have radio collars they get destroyed or removed to hide the theft. This has been going on for years in piedmont Virginia. A friend of mine had a dog stolen years ago and even when he caught the guy red handed the guy continued to claim it was his dog but luckily my friend had gotten his dog tatooed which pretty much ended that argument. he should have had the guy arrested but he didn't.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know this happens to,but in a couple cases that we are investigating it has happened on land wher there has been problems before and several hounds have been found shot dead by some worthless piece of garbage.Just looking for info on thefts and hound killings.Thanks again.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I love dogs

But, DON'T LET THEM LOOSE ON OR NEXT TO MY PROPERTY OR, MY (VERY EXPENSIVE)LEASE PROPERTY.
I sure hope you aren't one of those guys who turns out 5 or 10 or more hounds on 5 acres of land to have them immediately run off of that property and then across someone elses property; running off all of the deer to God knows where (I guess hopefully to where some of your buddies are down the road)
THEREBY TICKING OFF ALL OF THE ADJACENT LANDOWNERS AND RUINING THE GOOD NAME OF ALL LEGITIMATE HOUND HUNTERS

·
Registered
421 Posts
This is happening in northeastN.C. and tidewater and piedmot V.A. AGAIN ANY INFO PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!
Why would I tell you and not the appropriate authorities, are you look-in to put on a hood perform a good old fashion lynching? If your club lost some dogs maybe they should keep a better track on them throughout the day and pick them up at the end every hunt. My club does not go to the skinning shed until all dog owners are satisfied their dogs are up or in a safe location for later pickup.
Last Saturday night my son and I picked up dogs until 11 pm, if you or your club are leaving them out all night or for days don't complain about loosing them.
Normal day we get 25 hunters on 3000 Acers and 50 dogs, in the last five years we have lost one dog and collar because it was left out all night.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I think all the Anti-dog hunters around me are taking all the hunting dogs they find to the pound. A friend has had to go and pick up 5 of his ( $ 16 each dog )

·
Registered
421 Posts
I think all the Anti-dog hunters around me are taking all the hunting dogs they find to the pound. A friend has had to go and pick up 5 of his ( $ 16 each dog )
Maybe they are not anti and just doing what they think is the correct thing to do. My sister ties them to a tree to keep them from playing in the street, she got tired of returning them to the owners, sometimes the owner will not show up for two days and the dogs are wearing tracking collars. Last year she had one dog stick around her house for two days finally killing four of her chickens, lets just say that dog don't hunt no more.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
one of my co-workers owns a home with 10 acres of land not to far off the 460 in waverly and knows of a club that leaves the dogs out until whenever. They go to her back porch and eat the catfood until she puts a leash on it and calls the animal patrol. She got tired off going to the hunt club every weekend delivering dogs and asked me today if i wanted a couple that were sleeping at her backdoor step. She says that this has been going on for 15 years. I agree with KJR 100% , get your dogs at the end of each hunt or before you go to sleep . I think the owner of our club cares more about his dogs than the club members..LOL

·
Registered
337 Posts
I would jiust like to know if any one out there knows of any still hunters or antis,landowners taking hounds,tracking collars,etc...I have heard of a lot of this going on already AND WE ARE TRYING AND WILL CATCH SOMEONE.It is a felony charge to kill a hound or take tracking collars off.I am not asking for opinions on hound hunting just trying to bring some azzhole to justice.Any info could lead to a reward!!:helpsmilie:
You may want to go back and look at some of the other post on this subject awhile back. I remember one dumb guy claiming his freind was shooting them but don't remember the guys name. may be worth the look and hope you catch them along with a good hanging with the local law inforcement.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kjr you are a real smart azz.These are none of my hounds and not at my club just trying to find some info for fellow hunters and by the way dont need a hood.We know what is happening just trying to find out who is doing it.I personaaly dont leave my hounds out but sometimes it happens.This is not about me I appreciate all of you theories no matter how much of a wise guy your are trying . THANKS FOR THE REPLIES WILL BE HELPFULL!!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
But, DON'T LET THEM LOOSE ON OR NEXT TO MY PROPERTY OR, MY (VERY EXPENSIVE)LEASE PROPERTY.
I sure hope you aren't one of those guys who turns out 5 or 10 or more hounds on 5 acres of land to have them immediately run off of that property and then across someone elses property; running off all of the deer to God knows where (I guess hopefully to where some of your buddies are down the road)
THEREBY TICKING OFF ALL OF THE ADJACENT LANDOWNERS AND RUINING THE GOOD NAME OF ALL LEGITIMATE HOUND HUNTERS
Let me ask you this.... It is clear how you feel about hound hunters turning loose on 10 acres next to your large acre lease or owned property.....
WHAT IF... They lease all the land around your property lets say 400 acres around your 100 and the dogs happen to run through your 100 chasing the deer are the hound hunters still in the wrong? or are you just dumb for leasing property thats in the middle of or bordering a hound club lease?

·
Registered
742 Posts
I think at the very beginning of the post J Daughtery said he didnt want a debate about hound hunting, was just asking if anyone had any info. I would say that 90% of the post could be swapped for one single word....NO, hardly anyone has offered any real info. Unfortunately this is going on everywhere, happens in south east VA. Good luck.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I should have known better.I not trying to start a debate because there is nothing to debate.I was simply trying to help a few fellow houndsmen.To the folks being sincere thank you very much.I would try and help anyone if they needed it especially when it comes to something like this.I will not reply to this post anymore,but anyone that may have credible info can shoot me a p.m.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I should have known better.I not trying to start a debate because there is nothing to debate.I was simply trying to help a few fellow houndsmen.To the folks being sincere thank you very much.I would try and help anyone if they needed it especially when it comes to something like this.I will not reply to this post anymore,but anyone that may have credible info can shoot me a p.m.
You summed it up in your first sentence-----you should have known better! Isn't it blatantley obvious that most folks on this board are only here to trash someone else?? They are not here to share experiences or congratulate one another on a successful hunt, regardless of if it was a deer killed in front of dogs or if it was killed by a still hunter, they only want to bash and trash. I know the Anti's and the PETA folks just love it when you guy's can't even get along with each other. That is a great message ya'll are sending---NOT!:nono:

Good hunting to all of you.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
You summed it up in your first sentence-----you should have known better! Isn't it blatantley obvious that most folks on this board are only here to trash someone else?? They are not here to share experiences or congratulate one another on a successful hunt, regardless of if it was a deer killed in front of dogs or if it was killed by a still hunter, they only want to bash and trash. I know the Anti's and the PETA folks just love it when you guy's can't even get along with each other. That is a great message ya'll are sending---NOT!:nono:

Good hunting to all of you.
Hallelujah !!!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Being from MD, I have no interest whatsoever in VA's dog hunting regulations.... but I can tell you that my guess is it will be made illegal in the next few years, if not it will become more heavily regulated. There's clearly an "image" that hound hunters have among other non-hound hunters in VA - and over the last few years I've seen the anti-dog/hound hunting sentiment grow leaps and bounds.

All it takes is 1 bad apple....

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Being from MD, you must have not seen where he wasn't looking for your input on HOUND HUNTING. Just like I; Being from VA; don't give a **** what you think is going to happen to hound hunting. Happy Thanksgiving! Jack

·
Registered
337 Posts
Being from MD, you must have not seen where he wasn't looking for your input on HOUND HUNTING. Just like I; Being from VA; don't give a **** what you think is going to happen to hound hunting. Happy Thanksgiving! Jack
MeOff I could not have said it better but will add a bit. Why the [email protected] would someone from MD even stick their nose in the middle VA other then to tick someone off or start more BS like normal.
BuckTales02, stay up where it is you come from and mind your own, I know for a fact MD has it's share of issues that need minding and us Virginians can take care of our own without outside help.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts