Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon folks. I am going to be in Savannah in Oct for three or 4 days, thinking about bringing my wide 16 fr Lowes w/ 25 Yammie. Have never been in the waters down there, have not fished salt water for 20 plus years.

Am interested in Specs & Reds. Looking for info on good boat ramps, some ideas of general locations, tides, etc to fish. Will bring both spinning and fly rods (wife nor I real good at fly fishing....yet).

Hotel recommendations are also appreciated.

Been land locked with a bass boat, time to head for the marsh.

Thank you in advance for some help.

Paul:))

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am a guide here in the Savannah area and I can give you info
The waters here are a little tricky to navigate due to the tidal range of around 8 feet.
Also check out the thread about kayak fishing in tybee http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/georgia-angler/268565-kayak-fishing-tybee-island.html , I put some info on that thread and the original poster booked a trip with me, yesterday in fact, His first redfish on the fly rod.
you do not have to be a great caster to catch reds sightfishing here. This area does not get much pressure, If you are interested in some more info PM me and I can fill you in and give you my number.
http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/georgia-angler/264894-savannah-reds-flyrod.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Capt Jason. I will check out your response there also. Would I be correct in assuming I want to target a couple of hours before high tide and the first couple after it changes? I am use to navigating the shallower water. My rule in strange waters is always pretty simple, run the channel markers, idle and watch after that. We will play with the fly rods some and the spinning rods also. I appreciate the offer of more info and will be in touch when the trip firms up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you Capt Jason. I will check out your response there also. Would I be correct in assuming I want to target a couple of hours before high tide and the first couple after it changes? I am use to navigating the shallower water. My rule in strange waters is always pretty simple, run the channel markers, idle and watch after that. We will play with the fly rods some and the spinning rods also. I appreciate the offer of more info and will be in touch when the trip firms up.
yes, high tide fishing is great here in October. especially when the water moves into the grass:))

·
Registered
32 Posts
Carpe,

Check out the previous post. Just got back from Savannah (Tybee Island). It was a awesome. I def recommend booking a trip with Jason. Had a great time sightfishing for reds! He also gave me some flies that i used the rest of my trip.

Jayson - dont forget to send me the video and pics!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just sent the pic I'm going to post the video here, it is just a demo and haven't compiled all the footage yet. you will like it I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts