Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was putting some corn out at a farm near Preston this past Saturday when I found an injured Bald Eagle in the field. He was able to fly but not very far. I called the DNR and they send an officer out to try and catch him but he could not get close enough before he would fly off. The officer said that the Eagle appeared to have a broken foot. He said that if he could find enough dead animals to eat over the next few weeks that hopefully he would regain he strength or if I say him some more to give them a call back.

I hope nobody shot this eagle. That would be a real shame.

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Lite Subscriber - My busines
5,137 Posts
A few years ago we were fishing in the upper bay and came across an eagle in the water. It was more than a mile from any shore and was exhausted from trying to fly off the water. We threw a canvass console cover over the critter and took it to shore where we uncovered it and let it (try to) fly off the bow of the boat about 5 feet from the beach. It hit the water and proceeded to "swim" back out into the open water. ????? We wrangled it towards the shore where it immediately came to an abrupt halt the instant its feet (?) hit the beach. It remained there exhausted and bewildered with its wings outstretched. Later we returned to find it was no longer on the beach. I doubt it would have survived in the water much longer as it was totally drenched and shivering. I hope he/she made it to full recovery.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts