Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me of a few decent spots to go do some inshore fishing for flounder/blues/croaker in and around Lewes to Indian River or possibly North of Lewes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
In the bay you can find them at beach ball, anchorage, brown shoal area. IRI you have the Old Grounds. I might be headed out Saturday in search myself.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean the old grounds right at the inlet there by the bridge? I was looking for more of the inshore spots with some GPS Coordinates etc. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
63 Posts
You are better off checking the Delaware Department of Natural Resources website under the artifical reefs section. They have GPS coordinates for most of the artifical reef sites. What type of boat are you on?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 20ft dual console..Sunbird Neptune. Do you think that would be able to handle the inshore fishing grounds? Thanks for the info..

·
Registered
63 Posts
it all depends are where you want to lauch from and how the weather is that day. indian river inlet can get pretty rough at the end of the jetty at the mouth of the ocean. sometimes it gets to be like 3-4 ft swells. your boat could most likely handle them, but your best bet is to launch from Roosevelt Inlet in Lewes and go from there. this inlet dumps you right into the DE bay where the Atlantic and the Bay meet. you will find some excellent flounder, bluefish, croaker, striper, trout, ectg fishing in a short boat ride. check some of the fishing reports on beach-net.com. this website should help even more.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great! Thanks! I was looking on the DNR site and saw all of the wreck GPS sites etc. which is great, but they refer to them as #'s. Looks like 6,7,8,9 are fairly close.
IRI i know can be pretty nasty. I used to fish that jetti as a kid and saw several boats struggle through there with the current on tide changes and swells just outside the inlet. Lewes is closer drive for me too so i'd likely go that route. Do you know any of the names of the wreck sites or are they all just referred to as #'s? Thanks again! Looking forward to taking the fiancee out to do some fishin.

Thanks again,
Brent

·
Registered
63 Posts
there should be a section on the DNR website about artifical reefs. go into that and there will be a line that you can click on to "view artifical reef sites". this will come up in PDF form and it shows you the coords for all of the reef sites. Another way to go is to pick up a DE sportfishing brochure put out by DNR, which shows boat ramps, reef sites w/ GPS coords, minimum fish lengths and such. For a little brochure it has a good amount of info. you can pick this up at just about any bait shop in DE. i have drifted the inlet a few times on my 13' whaler, but i won't venture to the end of the inlet. good luck.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah i saw that PDf. It refers to the wreck sites as #'s though. I can get the coordinates, but rhough a lot of the fishing reports it seems they use names like Old Grounds, Buoy A etc. Wondering if some of the wreck sites have nicknames and if so which ones go with what. PErhaps i can find a map with them listed? Thanks again for your help. I think we can get on the water with that info anyway...just need to track down some fish now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts