Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weekends ago, I attended an outdoor show in Hamburg, PA. I reported on the beautiful handmade wooden lures I bought there. Today I wanted to show what else I got. I bought 4 large Plano trays filled with various colors of plastics, jigheads, and other hooks for $25. :clap: I figure the plastic boxes alone were worth half of that. Perhaps the most unusual items in the batch were a bunch of lipped jigheads made out a light metal (probably aluminum). The photo shows two of them. I have never seen anything like them before.

I have not tried them here, but two weeks ago I fished them in Lake Houston, TX. My fishing buddy and I thought the lip would make them dive, but instead, it gave them a strong back and forth wobble while the lure stayed near the surface. The bite was slow that day, and the lipped jighead drew no strikes. However, the action looked like it should draw some local interest.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,179 Posts
I've seen them from Cabela's before.I tried something similar with a Rapala lip and a parachute.Looked good but didn't catch any fish.Some bucktails from Spro have a hollow face-like a popper.They look good also.Give yours a try and let us know.They "caught" you-now maybe a fish will bite on them next.;) Skip

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
They sell them at BPS. They're in a plastic package w/ a bunch of 'ribbed-tail' Bass Assasin imposters of Opening Night shades. (the fake-BAs have verticle ribs in the tail which give them a nice wag) They were at the end of an aisle during Expo Days. I have some and have thrown them but haven't caught anything on them (yet)...:rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts