Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out this guys videos:

He catches a lot of fish on those Jiggin' Raps and other metals and his flies. I never thought of using a salmon egg on a jig or fly. I am going to try it for YP.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Thanks Jerry, I am going to try the salmon eggs. I used the jigging rap for years through the ice, and in open water ponds under a bobber. I had to have quite a few with me because the plastic fins that made them swim use to break when it was real cold. We used them a lot on North East River and some of the ponds from North East to Chestertown.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW! Largest yellow perch I have ever seen. They do get big in some Delaware ponds, but not that big.
They sure are some whoppers. I could tangle with some of them and be very very happy! A few years ago, we were getting lots of 13 to 14 inch fish out of the Susquehanna. Not as big as those in the video but nothing to sneeze at either.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Andy, If you still have the jigging raps, take some stiff plastic or thin metal, bend it to shape and super glue it on those jigging raps and you will be back in business.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
the first one on lake norman , either they have a fish advisory or that dude doesn't eat fish. Nicest White perch Ive seen in years
course I realize he is a true sportsman but damn that hurt every time he would toss one back

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It all depends on which day/video, but he does sometimes keep fish. I am with you though. It would sure hurt to throw some of those babies back. Release in the grease would be my preference!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts