Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been monitoring the board for the past few months as I picked up the Rockfish addiction late summer this year. I have had the opportunity to HO with a couple of great Tidal Fish members as well as a few charters to learn some of the techniques. Unfortunately after a couple trips in my own boat (20’ Regal CC) I have yet to shake the skunk with my own gear.

A friend from work and I trolled out of Breezy Saturday for nearly 6 hours and the only catch to our name was what appeared to be a huge tow strap we snagged on the bottom west of the 78 marker. At least it helped me validate my knots :thumbup:. It’s amazing how the sing of the reel on a bottom snag reinvigorates the mood. Unfortunately I sat for nearly 6hrs on I-70 with my boat in tow in the snow/ice Saturday night for my normal one hour trip home to WV. I think that was my sign it’s time to winterize and put up the rods for the winter.

Thanks to all of the Tidal Fish contributors, I have learned a lot over the past few months.
Bob

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Welcome to the board. As you already know, lots of good anglers on here with a wealth of fishing knowledge.
And don't worry, keep reading and going out fishing and you'll be posting pics of big ones in no time! Good luck!

·
Registered
14,252 Posts
Sorry for the skunk. We have trolled 17 rods for 8 hours with one fish caught. Look at it on the bright side........you made it home with the truck and boat in one piece. I had a 30 minute drive to Mt. Airy from hunting last night that was miserable so I know what your drive was like:eek2: Would 2 big fish in your cooler with your truck and boat in a ditch made you happy:yes:..........always next year........Gary

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
6,372 Posts
Welcome onboard,hope to see many reports good or bad in the future.If you have a ? just ask.;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts