Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small fishing boat on the Tred Avon River, which flows into the Choptank River on MDs Eastern Shore. Given the rockfish regulatory situation this upcoming season, I am thinking of taking up fishing for unendangered, but tasty fish such as perch, blue other invasive catfish. How prevalent are the invasive catfish in the stretch of the Choptank between Tilghman Island and Cambridge and is it worthwhile to target them?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My boat is in the same general area (Broad Creek) and I too am interested in catfish this year. Would really appreciate any recommendations.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
In the spring you can likely get them down to secretary. If it get dry, then above the Dover bridge. I'll bet you could get them way up the tred too. Maybe not a lot, but they are likely there. Try some of the holes way up.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Just saw a video of guys catching blue cats on Tuckaho Creek. They couldn’t get away from them. The cats were on the small side. They were yellow perch fish8ng with minnows.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Wonder if you could catch some large blue cat fish off the end of the Oxford Ferry Pier. It is very deep water there. And Tread Avon River runs into the Choptank River. Just a thought. I know there is plenty of white perch and rock fish off the pier.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
One of my go-to bank fishing spots is between tilghman and cambridge. Perch and rock galore.
Last year the channel cats were so thick in there you'd fill a 5 gallon bucket with them in about 15 minutes. It was every cast, seconds after the bait hit bottom.
I ended up only fishing it a couple times last year because I got tired of weeding through them to get my perch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
7.19.21 just saw this searching post. You ever get any ? Was out today on mid chop big breaking fish out going tide. Guessing blues, going back in a day or 2 I think to try them.

I have a small fishing boat on the Tred Avon River, which flows into the Choptank River on MDs Eastern Shore. Given the rockfish regulatory situation this upcoming season, I am thinking of taking up fishing for unendangered, but tasty fish such as perch, blue other invasive catfish. How prevalent are the invasive catfish in the stretch of the Choptank between Tilghman Island and Cambridge and is it worthwhile to target them?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts