Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use windweather and NOAA buoy locator. The NOAA app gives me the same information I can get from NOAA, but is easier to read. Also, they link to the NOAA website so if I want a forecast, it takes me to the point (or zone) that I'm looking at/for. They were both about $0.99 each and I use them on my i4.

·
Registered
167 Posts
navionics, good for us small boaters witout gps,,marks your course and waypoints ..great maps too..and the TIDEAPP...lock all of your fav fising spots for tides

·
Registered
152 Posts
The NOAA buoy and text by zone forecasts/ realtime reports are free and you can bookmark those pages on your smart phones. The weather channel is also free and gives you loop info on active radar scans plus daily hr. By hr. Or ten day forecasts. The marine apps. I have looked at get most of their wx. Info from NOAA anyway. I haven't looked for tidal info yet but I'm sure there is something free for that too.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Find a weather web page and get a link to the radar maps. Bookmark it in Safari I use weatherunderground.com.

The key here is that you find your self at the CBBT and see dark clouds. Can you run around the storm by going north or south rather than straight west to get home.

Also checking such a link on a regular basis can tell you when to go home before you have to worry about the line of storms making you repeat the saying "My boat got me home long after I wished I was there".

Also

http://tidesonline.nos.noaa.gov/

Will give you current wind and temperature conditions.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Navionics US East- amazing. Same charts as my plotter on the boat. True GPS on iphone enables it to work even offshore. Will link to buoys on the chart just like the chartplotter version, giving you tide and other info.

buoydayta is nice. Can put all your usuals in your favorites and see all the latest updates at the same time as well as link to the buoys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts