Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody fishing the Potomac or is it that bad? I have heard all the reports on the Rappahannock but nothing on the Potomac is the fishing that bad. every day is Windmill Point. Not much about Pt. Lookout ot Smith point areas. I went Sunday seen snall breaking stripers, no bluefish, small spot and don't know how many pesky perch.
X-caliber

·
Registered
20 Posts
ive been doing some fishing in the potomac river aread and have caught loads of spot perch and croaker....havent made any trips out to the bay yet but have heard about people catchin huge red drum in the evening and night not far from the target ships.

·
Registered
7 Posts
See my post below under the heading "monday morning QB help"
I fished last weekend on the Potomac with similar results. Lots of small perch, spot and croaker. I also saw the breaking fish but couldn't get a bite. Trolled a bit --nada.

I didn't see many boats either. And given the lack of responses to my thread, I guess the action is better elsewhere.
-j

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fished Sunday morning off St. Clements. Lots of small breaking fished. Caught a bunch of small rockby trolling light tackle, but all were in the 15 to 17 inch range. No keepers but it was fun

[smile]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts