Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything being caught between the Bridge and TPL? I crossed over the bridge today and it looked terrible on the eastern side much worse than the western I felt.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Nope. Everyone I have talked to is not catching. Waters to dirty. Pulled the boat from its slip on the South River and put it on my lift on the Corsica. My trophy season is over unless the water clears up. Saving the gas money for summer fishing.

Ryan

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
A few guys have caught 1-2 trolling but the dirty water seems to be affecting the catching.

I know two guys who are trying chumming / chunking this weekend near Hacketts - hoping bait will do better in the dirty water then lures.

·
Registered
14,400 Posts
We ran from the South river to the power plant looking for clean water. Did not find clean water and caught one 30" fish trolling for 8 hours with 20 rods. Hard to tell what's going on. The dirty water is not helping though............Gary

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is just really hard to take. So sad it is so trashed. It's just not worth it to even try it seems. Looks to be done for until June to me. I just saw the Satelite photo from today and boy is it trashed all the way down the bay.

http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/subsets/?subset=ChesapeakeBayWatershed.2011126.aqua.250m

copy and paste the link

Alittle hard to see but when you get to the area of the bay you can see the mud real well all the way down. I will be hitting Lake Marburg/Codorus in PA. in the morning. The lake is so clear you can see the Muskie's crusin' the shore from 20 yards!

Goodbye bay, I hardly knew ye ( so far in 2011)

·
Registered
261 Posts
We caught fish out of Solomons today. 24" on white bucktail w/ 6" shad off board, 38" on white chute 9" shad boat rod, 34" off chrome Tony 21 wayback, and had 2 KDs. Trolled 5 hours The water clarity wasn't terrible. Gotta go south -Good luck!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I marked a lot of fish in the bridge to TPL area but nothing is biting. I really think you could do well drifting cut bait or bloodworms. Before I had a boat I would do ok off Sandy Pt using bloodworms so I would think it would be the same.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
I marked a lot of fish in the bridge to TPL area but nothing is biting. I really think you could do well drifting cut bait or bloodworms. Before I had a boat I would do ok off Sandy Pt using bloodworms so I would think it would be the same.
--Blood worms ok but May worms work better , Call mike's Bait, or MO on The Go bait & Tackle in Edgewater , ask for Moses --410-320-2478 --

1 - 10 of 10 Posts