Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Went yesterday (Monday) western river below BB - caught slight 1/2 bu. in three hours - enough to eat and I'm happy with that catch. Given that....Done as well. Season was much better than expected.

Now on to more fishing and ducks/geese. It's great being retired!

Chuck

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Done too.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Kind of on the fence right now,got 2bu. past 2 Saturdays at a Western shore river. Hard to walk away when they look like this! 10-31-15.jpg

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Ditto but "I aint got no time"

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
oooooooo. get the prednisone goin on the ramp down method.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I purchased crabs last Friday from Rob who lives in Riva.
He crabbed in 20-25' to get my last crabs for the year.
Now its time to eat OYSTER'S!

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
true Dale. I have a lead on 1 or 2 bushels of mudder jumbos this weekend from the ES I hope to hook up with. The waterman's markets are done but they are catching a ton of super quality crabs. My buying is cheaper and easier than going after them myself at the prices I am told they are going for. I just have to drive the skiff to Saint Mikes for them. Oh booo hooo. That's only 2.5 miles from Moms. I just gave up the spot didn't I?

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Went several times in the last week and getting 2 bushels each time, BIG and full crabs.

Ted

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Good thinking Jerry. All I have at this time is vac-packed pounds of crab meat 1/4 , 1/2 and 1 pound bags ready for just about anything. Like to see a mild winter but ready just in case.

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
The local UB crab potters are still going strong.They will catch til Dec. 15 in deep water. Our club is still getting heavy,5.5-6in. steamed male crabs for $1ea. for our weekly crab party.

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
Our ub crabber/crab house who supplys our club with crabs all summer said this will be his last week for crabbing. He said he had quite a few pots that came up empty this past Wednesday in 18-19 depth. He won't be crabbing deeper water until the end of the season. He's anxious to go hunting after crabbing all season and has had enough. I know what he means. When I used to com. crab every day with pots, I'd have dreams at night of pulling pots. Then ..I'd wake up and it would be time to go crabbing and pull pots. Crabbing can become monotonous like any other job that doesn't take any thinking day after day. Tonight is our clubs Fish Fry with our members recently, locally caught jumbo white perch,yellow perch and striped bass. I look forward to this and particularly like the fried jumbo perch with salads. Hopefully, next crab season will be a good one. Happy crab dreams to all until next season.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts