Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thoughts Gang? Is the fishing above the BB just about over?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'd go south if you can. We fished north of the bridge one day recently and did not do well. Some have done ok up there though, but the majority of our fish and marks are south.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just posted a report from today. My thoughts are a big wave of fished moved south this afternoon. This morning i saw probably the best marks in the area of the bridge yet this year. By this afternoon they were mostly gone.

·
Registered
223 Posts
It's no big secret that the farther south you go the better your chances are...but, there is still plenty of good fishing above the bridge.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Do not give up on the fishery above the bridge. The water is still cool. I am still catching fish filled with green roe. The best is yet to come. Water temp is the key

·
Registered
16 Posts
We were out for a few hours starting at 5 right before the storm. We stayed near the bridge saw good marks on the east side but the storm ran us off. It was a great lightning show.
Got back to SP and saw 2 guys headed out in a small Bayliner looked like they were not experienced because they were running on the wrong side of the green marker tight to the shore with their outdrive dragging in the bottom kicking up mud.
We talked to a guy (solo) back at the dock who trolled most of day south of the bridge and finally got a hit at the bridge on the way in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
One last thing

We still have plenty of time North of the bridge. Most of the fish I caught Sunday still had all their eggs. Once the water tap temp gets in the mid 60s then we can call it quits. My best bite last year was LP mid May and the water temp was a lot higher this time last year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts