Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I read the board these days, it seems that all anyone knows these days is how to troll or liveline. What happened to those informative lively days of LTJ Force fishing?

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
I am working on a full article from rods, reels, action, style, line, lures, etc... Give me a little time, will work on it on the plane tomorrow. I am going out to check on the trout in Wyoming, Idaho and maybe Montana. I like to check on how they are doing from time to time.

And Jack, you might want to try your hand at the long rod:eek2:;-):fishing2:

Brandon

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And Jack, you might want to try your hand at the long rod:eek2:;-):fishing2:

Brandon
Brandon, Actually, I strictly fly fished for trout for thirty years. I had to learn spinfishing when I came to the bay. I've fished most of the famous rivers out west. I'm just now making the switch to the long rod in salt. I'll have the long rod out this year. Headed to Harkers in a few weeks for Albies on the fly. Enjoy the trip out west, sounds like a great trip. Take lots of warm clothes. I've had many a day in the snow out there in Oct. Looking forward to the report and pictures.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Although I can't drink all the kool-aide, I've enjoyed going back and reading those "force fishing" articles and I seem to always be talking and fishing with the guys who use those principles. I also enjoy documenting what I learn about light tackle fishing on my website.

·
Tidal Fish Commercial Subscriber - I support Tidal
4,747 Posts
Tom Hughes Guide Service
410.744.2351 OfficeFull Time443.690.3164 Boat
Fly & Light Tackle Fishing Guide

Hillbilly Boater: To each his own.

The anglers who fly & light tackle fish just don't post on TidalFish anymore.

Capt. Tom Hughes
Now Booking Summer, Fall, & CBBT Trips

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
LTJ is not always the best way to catch bigger fish.IMHO - it is often the best way to catch alot of fish :thumbup: and is alot of fun.

I would rather catch 3-4 big fish then 25 small ones.

The guru's of LTJ keep it quiet but I see them out there somedays.

In winter off PLO- we tried to LTJ the big Rock but could only get them to hit a trolled lure :confused::confused:.

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Hey Jack-

You know, " You can never go home again".;-)

I occacionally go back to the brick house where I was born. I remember cutting the grass as a kid and thinking the lawn was huge. Now the house, lawn, two car garage and town look very small, in fact tiny. Same thing is true of my high school with over 2000 kids. It seemed huge and now seems small.

Time marches on.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Jack-

You know, " You can never go home again".;-)

I occacionally go back to the brick house where I was born. I remember cutting the grass as a kid and thinking the lawn was huge. Now the house, lawn, two car garage and town look very small, in fact tiny. Same thing is true of my high school with over 2000 kids. It seemed huge and now seems small.

Time marches on.
Bill, Your right. Guess I'm just feeling nostalgic today. :D

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
-Gotta have a 6 ft rod,
-Gotta have a little spinning reel
-Gotta have x lb test braid
-Gotta have flouro leader
-Gotta have the only Bad Ass (or its clone) lure
-Gotta work it like this and like that....

In order to catch the dumbest fish that swims? Rightttttt.:D

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
-Gotta have a 6 ft rod,
-Gotta have a little spinning reel
-Gotta have x lb test braid
-Gotta have flouro leader
-Gotta have the only Bad Ass (or its clone) lure
-Gotta work it like this and like that....

In order to catch the dumbest fish that swims? Rightttttt.:D
Oh, and you want to use 80# braid, drag god awful huge lures behind a boat to catch 20# fish. :eek:

Hey Lou, Where have you been? We've missed your whit and cynicism. BTW I never got that call for that BFT trip.:D

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
The anglers who fly & light tackle fish just don't post on TidalFish anymore.

I'll have to say BS to this statement, I have seen many guys reports about their LTG and I'm one of them, have you not seen Zams reports. Yes maybe not as many but to say they just don't post anymore is just not true.....

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
nothing but 6' MH stix and 2500 stradics on my boat

I don't post much because there are so many users on here that do not contribute. Heck i don't even care if you post fishing reports, just talk about fishing. So many people here just lurking for reports and hot spots. If you want to know where i am at and what im doing, PM me.

-Mike

1 - 20 of 89 Posts