Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody told me he thought he heard that a striper tournament is going on this weekend in OC.
Can anyone verify and if so, what are the details?

·
Registered
787 Posts
I know there is one held on the Saturday before thanks giving every year... But that November not next weekend....

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Rocktoberfest out of Bahia marina from 4:00pm sat----4:00pm sunday...$50.00 for the baot and Capt----$45.00 for each added angler and $25, $50, $100 calcutta's....you can just send me your money and keep warm....I got this one:):):clapping2::clapping2::thumbup:

·
Registered
59 Posts
1st Place Bahia Rocktoberfest

Sorry for the late post but the weather has been too bad to fish anyway. Left from my house at 4pm in West OC on Saturday and we went straight to the Verrazano bridge. We caught a few small rock and the wind and rain started. We left and went to the OC inlet and fished for a while. After the sun went down I hooked into a cow at the fishing pier, but, of course I lost it. The wind really started to blow and then it started to lightning. We left the inlet and headed for home. Got up around 6am on Sunday and fished the Verrazano bridge some more but nothing, just throw backs. There was about 9 boats anchored up in front of the bridge. Went back to the inlet and didn't do a thing. We had planed to fish little gull but the weather just wasn't right on Saturday. The mouth of the inlet still looked terrible but we wanted to fish the gull. Off we went taking waves over the bow to get thru the inlet. Once we made it thru it was not that bad. Made it to the Gull and within 10 minutes of shutting down the motor I had my first fish (throw back)27.5" on spot then my buddy caught a 29" :clapping2:eek:n spot so we knew we were in the money. Nothing else for 10 minutes. I changed my bait to eel and within 5 minutes bam 39" 20lbs rock in the boat. We were so excited we didn't stay to fish any longer because we knew no other fish had been weighed in all day Saturday or Sunday and we were tired of being tossed around. We brought the fish in. The scale that they were weighing the fish in was a produce scale with a pan not a hook so a live wiggling fish didn't do well on the scale (it hit the floor a couple of times). They said it was 19lbs 8oz, that's ok with me. The fish took first place and was the largest fish ever caught in the tournament history !! Winnings were around $6,200 for first and third place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts