Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eminent Brothers,
I don't who not to believe when it comes to this weekend's weather forcast. One forcast is calling for 40 mph winds on Friday, cold and rainey with a chance of snow on Saturday and who knows what for Sunday. :helpsmilie: Not that I could get a permission slip to go fishing or anything :nono: :52: , but; SWMBO has cheap tickets to Saturday's O's game, which means my attendance is manditory and I don't want to go

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Ole grey one, The WX man has no idea what it's gonna do Friday much less the weekend. Can't tell till ya get up and try it..

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
GB you have to drag your carcass out of bed early,go outside and see.I find most of the time if there calling for wind it doesn't happen till noon, most of the time anyway.

The key is early,don't wait till SWMBO gets up :nono: or she will have your day planed faster than you can say LTJ.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
I am looking for the same info. I checked FishWeather.com - RI- Rhode Island Wind Data and they show it windy on Friday, winds dying on Saturday and then howling again on Sunday. The bay forecast from NOAA shows the same thing. I am going to try on Saturday afternoon.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Here's the real deal. They never know. They always get it wrong because it is complicated, I guess. I woudn't cancel a fishing trip until an hour ahead of time anyway.

·
Registered
552 Posts
85 percent chance of a light shower on Saturday with light winds, but only a 2 percent chance of that happening.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Planning on a Sat fishing day till the weather turns bad. If I cancel it will be at 6:30 or 7am when I wake up and see it raining sideways.

Good luck to all and be careful out here if heading out on one of the bad days....whichever those will be.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i can only get out Sunday....will be putting in at Chesapeake beach in early am, if the weather is nice...im keeping the boat at the rod n reel for the spring...ill be in a 21cc striper..

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
yup....84-85 degrees, Sunny to partly cloudy, moderate (for this time of year) winds out of the SSE, waves in the Gulfstream 3-4 ft, on the reef up to 2 ft, inside the reef 1 ft or less

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Just to give you some idea. Look at today as an example.

Forecast:

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH FRIDAY AFTERNOON...

.TONIGHT...W WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. GUSTS UP TO 30 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. WAVES 2 FT. (They were calling for 15-20 all day today too)

Actual Conditions:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts