Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this means if you dont agree with Obama & his surrogates you will get thrown to the curb as well. If I were repubs, I wouldnt be exactly looking for a seat at the negotiating table in the Obama White House.

Three Reporters From McCain-Endorsing Newspapers Removed From Obama's Plane

Reporters from three newspapers that endorsed John McCain have been told that they can't travel aboard Barack Obama's plane in the final days leading before Election Day.

FOXNews.com
Friday, 2008-31-305

Journalists from three major newspapers that endorsed John McCain -- the Washington Times, the New York Post and the Dallas Morning News -- have been booted from Barack Obama's campaign plane for the final leg of the presidential race.
The Washington Times reported Friday that it was notified of the Obama campaign's decision Thursday evening -- even though the paper has covered Obama from the start.
Executive Editor John Solomon told FOXNews.com that the Obama campaign said it didn't have enough seats on the plane, but "I don't think the explanation makes sense to us."
"We've been traveling since 2007 with him. ... We're a relevant newspaper -- every day we break news," Solomon said. "And to suddenly be kicked off the plane for people who haven't covered it as aggressively or thoroughly as we are ... it sort of feels unfair."
He said the newspaper protested but was turned down again by the campaign.
"I can only hope that the candidate who describes himself as wanting to unite the nation doesn't have some sort of litmus test for who he decides gets to cover the campaign," Solomon said, noting that the Obama campaign's decision came just two days after the paper endorsed McCain.
According to the Web site The Drudge Report, the three newspapers' reporters were told to find alternative transportation by Sunday so that the plane could accommodate "network bigwigs" and reporters from two black magazines, Essence and Jet.
Also joining up with the Obama campaign are the Chicago Tribune and Chicago Sun-Times. According to the campaign, the decision to shuffle around reporters was made because they did not want to add a second plane.
"Unfortunately, demand for seats on the plane during this final weekend has far exceeded supply, and because of logistical issues we made the decision not to add a second plane," Obama senior adviser Anita Dunn said in a written statement. "This means we've had to make hard and unpleasant for all concerned decisions about limiting some news organizations and in some cases not being in a position to offer space to news organizations altogether."
Campaign aides said they are assisting other news outlets with hotel rooms and buses so they can still cover the race.
Dallas Morning News Editor Bob Mong told FOXNews.com that the "indication" from the Obama campaign was that they were kicked off the plane since they don't represent a national outlet and they don't represent a swing state.
"We argued that [considering] the size of the Morning News and stature, we obviously would want to be on board," Mong said. "We're obviously not happy about it, and continue to protest."
He said, in fairness, that the McCain campaign recently pulled Morning News staff off the Republican's plane when space became an issue -- but he said the Morning News would be back on McCain's plane again this weekend.
Obama is not the only candidate to play hardball with the press. McCain's campaign has reportedly barred Time columnist Joe Klein and New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd, who have been critical of the Republican candidate, from the Republican candidate's plane.
Click here to read the story on the Obama campaign's decision in The Washington Times.
Click here to read the story on The Drudge Report.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Where was the outrage when Generals were handed their hat for not agreeing?

But then again reporters deserve far more respect then a General.....

Another non news hypocricy.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oreilly reports that the plane made room for Essence and Jet Magazine in lieu of those big bad repub publications. Im starting to get the picture here. Maybe those terrrible repub guys are just racists clinging to their guns and bibles and fishing rods and will never get a seat on the plane. How long will it be before the Reverend and Willy and Flager, maybe even Louis gets a seat on the plane. :rolleyes: Man this gets better by the minute.

Geez just think if th McCain Plane kicked off all of the dem publications, heck there would be enough room to handle a couple football teams.:D

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
O'Reilly is an entertainer. When you get your news and form an opinion from an entertainer do yourself a favor.... step back and soak up the reality before venturing back into the vacume of politics.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually Oreilly is an information disseminator by his own word. He's not an idealogue and may even be an Obama supporter based on his problem with McCain and his illegal alien stance. He wont say who he supports, however, he seems to be the most fair & balanced on his radio show.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Hey Capt. Racist...its his friggin choice and during a campaign minimizing your opponents assets...eg reporters who swing for McCain....is just intelligent.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Disagreeing with the seating of McCain supporting reporters is racist? Why don't you get Brandon to ban me from posting.....hmmmm didn't you say you promised Brandon you would quit posting here? As for the shoe/bait salesman just his input says my arguments are correct...he doesn't understand much more than a size 9 please.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
etouffe why dont you put your money where your mouth is and support this site. I did like a good capitalist. Oh wait a minute Obama your savior says you dont have to. Maybe he'll send in a subscriber subscription for you.:yes:

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
1,107 Posts
George I can't for the life of me see why anyone would vote democratic unless they want something for nothing. My girlfriend was a democrat when she wasn't working and touring around with the grateful dead for 5 years as a hippie. but once she joined the workforce she started voting republican.

·
Banned
184 Posts
George I can't for the life of me see why anyone would vote democratic unless they want something for nothing. My girlfriend was a democrat when she wasn't working and touring around with the grateful dead for 5 years as a hippie. but once she joined the workforce she started voting republican.
Something for nothing? I always saw the Democratic party as the one that is slightly more responsible and grounded in reality. I want something for all the tax dollars I pay out. I don't intend to visit Iraq any time soon, I don't work for an oil company, and I'll never get a chance to fly an F-22 raptor or captain an aircraft carrier. However, not having to worry about healthcare would be real nice.

The republicans are the 18 year olds with their first credit card charging spinning rims, gold teeth, and Air Jordans in every color, while the Dems seem to be buying the basics with a plan to pay it off.

·
Registered
485 Posts
This liberal has worked for every dime he's ever gotten. Not sure about the common sense part, but I'm not a tax-evading crook, or a hypocrite.:yes:
I don't doubt for one minute that you haven't worked for every Dime you have, and hard too. I'd even bet you paid every peeny you had to in taxes. But what I don't understand is, why in the hell are you so quick to give it away?

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
I lease a plane....I decide who I want aboard. Now to one that is racist to another I'm a fool. :D To me I am exercising my right to choose who gets on the plane I leased. Label yourselves anything but American.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts