Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
No it is not. However, we need to wrangle up more FL anglers. We used to have a good group of recs on here. We need to get them back and active.

Brandon

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
brandon, i move to the panama city beach,Fl in May..i'll be posting my reports here and hopefully get alil action going.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Ive been posting here as an informational aid to people visiting the board. For years I posted on Brandon's Ches, Conserve, Fly, and other boards to do a similar service. Historically many guides dont like to post because of the bashing they sometimes take. Some do use the Board to advertise, I'd rather cultivate friends. Personnally I dont care if Im bashed, however, I would take the posts as a positive for the areas that people fish. They are out more then most recs, not always, however, it's just another form of information to use when deciding to fish a certain area or contact the guide that posts for additional info. Just as an aside, was out yesterday, fishing is a little slow in Charlotte Harbor, awaiting the water warm up in April.;)

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Perhaps

when I get some more people going on the Keys Board it will flow over to the neighbors to the north

·
Registered
12 Posts
Captains reports

Time and time again I have clients from the world over asking why I don't post my reports on forums to allow them to see the action in different months. Getting slammed to promote your area is a killer. But there is many reasons we do it. Not only do we get to meet and chat with other captains and ask them about what is working in their areas we also get to try something new if nothing is working.

Most of my clients and fellow captains enjoys seeing where the fish are and what is working.

I believe you are taking the reports the wrong way.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hey guys I'm heading down to Florida for two weeks. First down Tampa Bay way then up near St. Augustine. I'll post when I get back home to MD. I've been checking this board for a while with special attention paid to techniques and tactics revealed in the posts. I'm not a captain despite my sign in. Catchya later.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Joseph,
What kind of boat did you end up buying? I sent you to see one of my friends in FLL who was selling his Dusky about a year ago.

I'm headed down in a couple weeks to the Stuart area with the wife and kids, visiting my dad..., not going to be much of a fishing trip but I'm hoping to get up early a couple days and see what's going on from shore or the bridges. Mostly I'll be casting for bass behind the house in the golf pond. If I see anything interesting I'll post a report.

Bob

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
23 foot DUSKY....................YEAH !!!!!!!!!!

Hi Bob:
picked up a 23 foot Dusky with a 225 Mercury OPYI-MAX.
Had to get some work done on her and now it's ready:

EDGES 'N LEDGES is her name.

Right now, I'm trailering her out of Ponce Inlet and Canaveral. Learning the trade down here. Sure is a bit different than NOREAST fishing.

Trying to get a handle on GROUPER and SNAPPER fishing now.

Was out WACKN N STACKN some YFT and Blackfin on my lures I make.
Tried the WAHOO on my lures and did fairly ok. Found out that single starnd works better than cable. BUT.....That INFAMOUS... BUT , I'll stay with my mono and SSTTIIFF RRIIGG the hooks . I did very well by doing that.
NOW I GOTTA LEARN al lot on how to tow ...MMEEAATT.....UUGGHHHHHHHHHH.

Give me a shout when you get down here. I hope I'm around. I gotta group who want to giant fishing up in Canada for a week or two. Fun fishing as long as I don't have to get on the rod.
Then in June, I'm going to CODZILLA LAND. That's NORWAY for giant COD , HALIBUT and COALFISH. This is MY exploratory trip, 'cause I'm looking for a real hard trip there next year for a week or two of serious fishing. Maybe even get a group of crazies like me to go on 2008. Sounds like fun, I hope.
WACKM N STACKM
Joseph B...aka...Ancient Mariner

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hey Kajun, You should have some world class tarpon coming through there in July. I will be down at a family reunion In July, and plan on going over to Apalachicola for a couple days of sight casting.

Fishwagon/AKA Fishfool from Richmond

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Kajun, You should have some world class tarpon coming through there in July. I will be down at a family reunion In July, and plan on going over to Apalachicola for a couple days of sight casting.

Fishwagon/AKA Fishfool from Richmond
really? tarpon in the panhandle?..i'd be down for that...gimme a holler if ya need a crewmember or a boat ride...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts