Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading there early Dec. Does anyone have a Charter Capt recommendation? I know operations in Mexico can be very hit and miss with quality of Capt, Boat and Gear.

Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Anthony Mendillo https://www.islamujeressportfishing.com/ is a great guy and your best bet for December. Most of the American boats don't start showing up until the second week of January.
I strongly second that recommendation for Anthony Mendillo. Fished two back to back days with him a few years ago in high winds and waves and we caught and caught and caught. Fishing hasn't quite been the same for me since, except for this one day off Cape Henry.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Jaime,

Try Dennis Endee on the A-Salt Weapon out of Pirates Cove. I've never fished with him in Mujeres but when I've fished with them we've never not come home without our fish. I've seen accounts of their Mujeres fishing and they're getting more then an ample amount of shots at sails in the winter. They're an amazing fishing boat and crew to fish with. I know they got involved in the Canyon Runner fleet in the last few years so I'm not too sure where they've been winter fishing in the last few years. Worth a call for sure.

-Evans

·
Registered
365 Posts
We fished with obsession charters in Feb 2014, great boat, captain and crew, caught a ton of sailfish, would absolutely recommend them.

-- shout

·
Registered
447 Posts
Anthony Mendillo https://www.islamujeressportfishing.com/ is a great guy and your best bet for December. Most of the American boats don't start showing up until the second week of January.
I don't know Anthony but I do know most/all of the Americans head down in mid to late January sometime. 10 years ago, we chartered 5 U.S. boats and caught over 120 sailfish combined. It was INSANE fishing!!!

It was also 1st week of Feb and most boats had only been there a week or 2.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts