Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is a teacher and can only get off in the summer so I take a week by myself in the Spring and Fall. I'm going fishing for a week in February to use some expiring Southwest miles, probably in the Keys. I went solo in March last year and the fishing was truly incredible. Has anyone out there been in Feb and if so, can you provide any tips? Jim

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Try fishing outta Marathon...cheaper..same water

JimRock,
I found that Marathon (people and fishing) to be a lot better. Fishing the same water (charters are cheaper), beer is cheaper, people friendlier, etc. I had great fun with Capt. Sam Nelson on "Stinger" outta Marathon. Now is great time for large Sails, for "off-shore" he had a twin turbo-diesel Cat that was schweet! (I had the FL. annual record for 3 months in '92) offa his boat. He also had a perty inshore boat, don't remember what it was. Tarpon is coming in soon, but not quite there yet, I think end of Feb. I don't have his #, but I think he has ads in Saltwater Sportsman and other publications.

Good man, fun, reasonably priced. He will show you a good time.

My buds and I hired him for several days. Sailfish, Kingfish (king Mackeral), Yellowtail, Mangrove (and other Snappers), Several types of Grouper, Cobia..just plain fun.

Good Luck,
Jim :)

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Well if that's not a bunch of ****... JIm what I did was put Islamorada in the Tidal Fish search engine and came up with 10 different threads from previous questions. I just clicked it on and came up with nothing. So please, find TF search, tyoe in Islemorada and happy reading. If your down there between March 5 and 18, let me know. Its my annual vacation and perhaps we can hook up.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Marathon, Islamaroda

Thanks everyone, very helpful as expected. Would enjoy the company and if I go a bit later, will get in touch ahead of time. I'll post my itinerary in case anyone wants to get together for some great fishing and a few cold ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts