Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm dragging my 18 footer down to Islamorada in early april for the kids spring break. They swim, I fish. Does anyone have info on a good local chart. I'd like to fish skinny and also run out and reef fish, maybe find a weed line.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Most places down here sell the Top Spot maps which are pretty good. You can find lots of different maps on the Keys also around. Find a map to hit Lorelei's one evening to watch the sunset down there!!

Good luck fishing!
Capt Charlie

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey Joe,
Don't have any names for you, but will do some checking and let you know. There are plenty of great guides down there though. Most marinas and motels have guides working there and you won't have any trouble finding a good guide.
Lorelei's is a local tiki bar/restaurant that is a landmark there. Take the kids to Robbie's to feed the tarpon....will make your mouth water to catch one. World Wide Sportsman is there (basspro). Lots to do all around that area and I am sure you will have a wonderful trip.
Good fishing!
Capt Charlie

·
Registered
23 Posts
Make sure you have big tow rental insurance on your policy because if your Truck or suv gets totaled, there is no rentals other than little cars, and they want them turned in at miami. Learned this the hard way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tip, my kids saw the tarpon feeding somewhere and are looking forward to it. I emailed the place i'm staying about a guide but haven't heard back from them yet. I am a little concerned about towing the distance but I've pulled a trailer from st.pete to nova scocia with no problems and my truck is new so what the heck. I will check out my insurance . Have you fished after dark for the tarpon. I'm told thats a blast.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.