Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Islamorada last thursday set up at Lookout lodge, not real nice and expensive. We fished around channel 2 the first day which was friday using live mullet on the bottom. Jumped six got one to the boat about 130 lbs. Very windy and the bite was all on the incomming tie. Saturday it was still blowing but we went to nine mile bank where the Tarpon were rolling. Couldn't get them to eat a fly but they jumped on white DOA jigs for a few hours then quit. Sunday we fished channel 2 and 5 got some to chew our mullet but never landed a fish. Every guide said it is to soon and the water temps have to come up about 6 degrees. There is plenty of big specks and Jacks to play with on the fly which we did for a short time but we were really looking for big poons. The docks at Holiday Isle where the back country guides keep their boats is teeming with 100lb plus tarpon waiting for a free handout.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Cool

Hey Wino! Glad to hear you're living the good life. Did you ever sell that house in Dorchester county? Thanks.

Jonathan

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Wino! Glad to hear you're living the good life. Did you ever sell that house in Dorchester county? Thanks.

Jonathan
NO I have been vascilating about selling it, it would cut my ties off to Maryland. I should start making an effort to sell it and let someone enjoy that area. It is a fishing and hunting paradise down there. It is a bargain with the acreage and the furnishing plus the boats etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts