Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be down with a party of 9 to 12 people most are very experienced with offshore fishing. We are staying at the Cheeca Lodge and would like to go offshore and inshore 2 different days, we would take 2 boats each day, any ideas? What would we exspect to catch? normally we fish tuna, marlin Blue and White, wahoo, dolphin offshore (Organ Inlet, N.C) and cobia, flounder ect in shore (Chesapeake Bay Bidge). We would want to fish June 22nd thru the 24th, also Cheeca Lodge has a fishing pier should I bring rods for that? and what could I catch off that pier while not in a boat. Thanks to all who respond!

·
Registered
180 Posts
fishing

I stayed at the Cheeca a coupla years ago.....it was in early April I think....could see Tarpon rolling under lights of pier at night....didn't have gear to try them but thought a live bait would entice a bite
Offshore I fished a coupla times with Tony DeMoya on the 43' Hatteras "No Excuse" last phone no. I have was 305-852-5908 (office) or 305-342-1079 (cell)....we were always best boat of the day....once was great dolphin and amberjack...another was kings, african pompano (yum!!) red snapper.....they are at the marina at MM84 just north of Cheeca....I heard that that marina might be torn down compleatly and re-done as condo's or something....worth a try though.....they let us do as much or little as you were up for.....video taping from tower was awesome
I also did some tarpon fishing out of the same marina but neither of those guy's impressed me....did have a good guide out of Hawk's Cay...further south.....fished within spitting distance of Hawks Cay......Tarpon were in a channel there....3 for 4....100lb range....lottsa jumps......wife caught biggest one of course!!!! Think the boats name was "Lighten Up"....right at Hawks Cay MM64ish?
Duane
Ms Ginny
20' CC Grady White
Yorktown, VA

1 - 2 of 2 Posts