Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several customers on Thursday and Friday - 4/28 and 4/29 are reporting catches of 1-5 bushels on trotlines in the lower rivers of the eastern shore and western shore over the past week. :yes:

Potters are reporting good catches at Solomon's and even further up the bay for this time of year. It's NOT in full gear yet but for those willing to travel especially on a nice weekend it may pay off sooner than you think! Go get 'em guys - we are going to try to have razor clams next week based on these reports and calls for bait from down south. Good luck!:thumbup:

Chuck

www.chesapeakecrabbingsupplies.com

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Am I wrong in assuming these first crabs will be on the light side? Seems to me they would be better off waiting a few weeks till they put on some weight. For the commercial guys it may not matter if they are paid by volume and not weight.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Several customers on Thursday and Friday - 4/28 and 4/29 are reporting catches of 1-5 bushels on trotlines in the lower rivers of the eastern shore and western shore over the past week. :yes:

Potters are reporting good catches at Solomon's and even further up the bay for this time of year. It's NOT in full gear yet but for those willing to travel especially on a nice weekend it may pay off sooner than you think! Go get 'em guys - we are going to try to have razor clams next week based on these reports and calls for bait from down south. Good luck!:thumbup:

Chuck

www.chesapeakecrabbingsupplies.com
crabs are closer then that

·
Registered
72 Posts
Today was not our day

Crabbed with 30 traps for about 5 hours this morning in an area in South Dorchester that usually treats me well in the early season. We caught 6 crabs, but only one was legal to keep. Talked to two other guys who were out earlier than me; they had two crabs.

It won't be long. We need a few sunny days in the low 80s.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts