Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To find out your best buddy for the last five years has been shot by some a$$hole!!! My 5 year old choclate lab was found dead yesterday with 4 bullet holes in it, a young guy saw him laying in a field and went out and called my tag that was on his collar. I have been in a deer stand before and had dogs run deer right by me and the last thing I thought was to shoot someones dog. I've been hunting all my life and I can't understand why someone would shoot a pet dog, or any dog that was not trying to inflict pain on them or their family. My dog could have cared less about a deer, I have watched deer come out at my house and he would look at them and then just go on with his business. This makes me so mad!! He was found on the corner of Marsh Creek Rd and Bethlehem Rd in Caroline County. If anyone has info regarding this matter please contact me, and if for some reason the guy that did this reads this, [email protected] YOU and if you were a real man you would contact me yourself! This is a picture of him, he is the big male on the right:

Just think twice before you shoot a dog and think about yourself having to drive out in a field, pick up your own dog with four gun holes in it and put him in the back of your truck. Poon

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
That is sad. I am sorry for your loss. That just plain sucks.

Call the police, animal control and the game warden. You might not be the only one. Maybe someone has a bit of info and you can find the ******. Even if they don't have a clue to who it is, if there are other, it can go a long way to solving it.

Please report it. At least you have a chance. If they do find him, let the law handle it (for now). Then wait a year or two before you pay him back. You can find some very effective way to make him pay ($$$$).

Dayton

·
Registered
887 Posts
Sorry to hear that. That is a beautiful dog. When I was a kid my Irish Setter was shot in the leg, he got out again and he never returned home. That would make me mad enough to kill or severely injure someone. One thing that comes to mind is that the dog was mistaken for a deer being brown in color. ( I know you are not supposed to shoot at something brown in the woods but there are some wacko's out there) Again I am sorry and hope you can move on after this tragedy. [sad] Kepone

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the support. He is a pretty dog, but not very pretty sitting in my truck right now waiting for the humane society to open so I can have him cremated! Man I'm PISSED!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am so sorry my freind[sad] I'm sure he was a great dog, I had a choc lab,his name was Gunner they are the best! hope you find the low life who did this. David

·
Registered
93 Posts
poon, we have never met but passed some messges back and forth on this board. I really feel for you brother.. I cant imagine the anger ... I hope the old addage what goes around comes around applies to the ****** that did this.

Chris
Mako 223
Annapolis, MD

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Man thats just not right!!!!
I soo sorry to hear that about your dog Poon...
Thats one good looking dog and for someone to shoot him 4 times........ I hope you find the "******" who did it

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Poon,

I don't even know what to say to that, other than I am really sorry for your loss. I know what our animals mean to us.

If you do find out who did it, and need help beating the sh!t out of the guy, I will be more than happy.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Man that just plain sucks. Can't really put it in words, SORRY[sad]

Seriouslly report it though. Stats prove that folks that have a propesity for torturing or needlessly harming animals commit other violent crimes towards humans as well........4 shots is no accident! What a f*cking a$$hole.

This is part of the reason I don't get too excoted aboput gun season. You shouldn't have to do it, but you might wanna keep your pets in until it's over.

I hit a man's dog two years ago. It just ran out in the street, he was devistated as was I, you gotta be hurting and just plain pissed as hell.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Poon- real sorry to hear that. I cant even think of what to say. It amazes me when I hear things like that. Even he was mistaken for a deer (which I couldnt imagine either) shot 4 times ? I feel for you

1 - 20 of 47 Posts