Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our great room of our house is where my wife and I spend most all our time inside. There are French doors which exit out onto a full length of house deck on the back side of the room. For many years now we've had Carolina Wrens build nest under the deck in the spring of the year and in the early morning just before day light they will come to the French doors and feed on the bugs and insects on the outer screen door. Well more especially this year then in other years we have one very large wren come to the screen door to feed and it is sings that heavy Carolina Wrens' morning song very, very loud as he hangs on the screen door to feed. It is so loud it sounds like it is in the room with us. :yes:

Acey

·
Registered
694 Posts
AC get them some wax worms and they will quit . I have some that make a nest in a gourd on my back screened in porch every year. There every where in the barn in the shed and the trunk of the old apple tree.:surrender:

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bill right off the end of the deck and down along side the length of the swimming pool fence, my wife use to have finch feeders. Think she had 7 or 8 down that side yard and she kept them full of finch bird seed. In the spring of the year after the male finch turn bright yellow and black she had so many birds at the feeders when you open the back door to go outside there was a massive cloud of yellow taking off in a ball down that whole side yard. Our next door neighbors often told us how pretty it was to come out of their house and be greeted by the massive cloud of yellow. She can't do it any more because of her knees and back and I was thinking maybe on the next warm day getting her out onto the deck and sit at the table and I'd let her fill the feeders and I'd put them out.

Acey

·
Registered
694 Posts
My wife has been feeding the birds year round for the last 20 years .We have some resident doves that are as fat as chickens.:eek2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts