Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today's paper has a story of two men arrested in western Md. for illegally baiting black bears.These scum balls used corn and DONUTS to attract the bears.What lowlife would stoop so low as to ruin perfectly good donuts :D.These guys should be beaten for such a crime.The poor donuts did nothing wrong yet were cut down in their prime :pp. They best hope I'm not called for jury duty and if they used chocolate donuts- it's the chair for them :D.What is the world coming to ? I'm hoping the donuts were the cheap boxed kind and not Dunkin' Donuts.That would be too much to bear :D:D.

Sorry- the Spot are almost gone and it's small craft until Thursday :eek:.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Definate not the way to use donuts. 1 box of donuts for a bear? That box of donuts could have netted them many rock if they would used them to bait you.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Skip,
I bow my head down in shame. I am a Dunkin' Donut smuggler. The last time I went Black Bear hunting in Northern Maine (about 13 years ago), baiting was legal. I ran around to every Dunkin' for miles, and bought "day old" donuts. I went to Maine with 6 (yes, 6) 55 gallon trash bags full of them things. I had to drive up there myself. My crew of 3 others would follow later in the week.

It is now hard for me to eat donuts. I was driving my 1989 K-5 Blazer. That sicking sweet smell of 300 lbs. of them things fer the 15 hour drive.....ack!

I'm sure there was some choklit ones in there. They were sacrficed for the cause too. I'm glad for your safety that you were nowhere near them bait buckets, it coulda got ugly. Watchin' you and a possible World record Black Bear rasslin' over a donut:eek2:.... feel sorry for the bruin.

Jim

Today's paper has a story of two men arrested in western Md. for illegally baiting black bears.These scum balls used corn and DONUTS to attract the bears.What lowlife would stoop so low as to ruin perfectly good donuts :D.These guys should be beaten for such a crime.The poor donuts did nothing wrong yet were cut down in their prime :pp. They best hope I'm not called for jury duty and if they used chocolate donuts- it's the chair for them :D.What is the world coming to ? I'm hoping the donuts were the cheap boxed kind and not Dunkin' Donuts.That would be too much to bear :D:D.

Sorry- the Spot are almost gone and it's small craft until Thursday :eek:.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Geeze Skip, I'd believe you if you hadn't gone and mounted the darn thing on your truck, I mean come-on.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
As of Sunday I was still catching spot at the lumps just north of the bay bridge eastern shore side. They were mixed in with the perch and probably caught 10 perch for every spot....Still caught enough for bait...unfortunately the bluefish were what ate most of them...Also caught a flounder while catching bait....

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Skip I would worry that it is an assisination plot against you maybe the bears were the test subject. Don't go near any doughnut near traps

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
340 Posts
Well Stinkbait, don't expect me in your store unless you are giving away donuts, by-the-way they don't have to be chocolate for me.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
How does that old saying go?..."People in glass houses.........." :roflguy::hysterical:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
The more I think, the more I cringe. There were probably 100's of chokit ones. And a whole buncha Holloween decoration lookin' ones too. Instead of feedin' 800#+ Black bears, I coulda taken care of my TF bothers... Even though TF didn't exist then.

Sommer....I will be glad to supply you with 55 gallon trash bags full of day old Donuts anytime you want. j/k I'll buy you a fresh one anytime you want.

Rem....that sure did look like a choklit donut Skip was jigging with in the Pic.

Jim

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
You know... I happen to be friendly with a bunch of very nice Greek folks that own a donut shop in Severna Park- I will have to ask them where they stand on the donut bait issue. Thanks for bringing up this vital issue for us Skip!!:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After that Rock was caught-I finished the donut :D. Wasting good donuts on bears :eek2:. Hell you could just put out a few garbage bags from Pizza Hut's dumpster :pp.

Jim - at least you were sure to get out of a speeding ticket hauling that many donuts :D.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts