Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the HRBT last night with the Mosquito Armada and found the fish more than cooperative. Saw four species caught before dark: shad, stripers, flounder, and blues. I got a nice snapper - about 18 inches. Then the sun went down and the stripers were shoulder to shoulder in the light line. Fished all the way to the Island landing rockfish to 24 inches. They were thick! Guys in a boat at the island were bailing big croakers on squid. What everyone else do? Spring is here, hallelujah!

Oh yeah, some of us are going toggin' on the Lynnhaven headboats Sunday, give me a call if your interested 289-5136

·
Registered
575 Posts
Great to see so many yakers out there. When I got there at 8:30 Chad was just getting there too. On the way out, some were already coming in. I got a couple shad and other than that I concentrated on getting some 'fly time'. I got 15 or 20 striper on my flyrod. That was fun. Can't wait to get back out. My wife if 8 months pregnant and has me preparing the house for the new baby all weekend but I plan on getting back out next week and twice a week here on out until the baby comes.

Great night.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cory is right! My fishing slumped when my 3 year old was born and my wife is due with triplets in the beginning of June. I have been getting the house ready for months!!!!!!!!! I can only fish during "work" hours or when help is in. My sister is here the weekend, so I'm headed to Owls Creek. I'm hoping Fisherman is right too! Tight Lines!

Tom

·
Registered
165 Posts
I caught my first fish in 2 species last night.... a 15 inch flounder, and a
nice 18 inch bluefish. The stripers were crazy man! I started heading in around 9:30 and they were all in the light line. I caught a dozen of those, and headed in. It is awesome going out and catching fish, (especially first time fish) makes the whole winter seem worth the wait![smile]

·
Registered
32 Posts
I managed to smell up the Yak with something besides the skunk for a change. That was me with the 18-19" Flattie and a dinner-bonus 16" Croaker that was caught on a Purple-Deamon Mirrolure. They'll both get the hot oil bath tonight. Great night and good to see so many out, looking forward to future outings.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yeah, I have a 3 year old daughter and when she was born it put a large dent in things for a while. I doubt my wife will say "no fishing" but things will be scaled back at least at first. I think my daughter is about ready to teach to catch one so we might take some trips to Ocean View and fish off the beach this summer. Give mom some time with the baby. Skinny, triplets? You may get even skinnier!

·
Registered
41 Posts
WVP- The triplets are all boys, so although it may slow me down initially, they will be my built in fishing ticket as they get older. You're right about the beach, my daughter has loved surf fishing since she was two. You'll have a blast!

Tom

·
Registered
41 Posts
WVP- The triplets are all boys, so although it may slow me down initially, they will be my built in fishing ticket as they get older. You're right about the beach, my daughter has loved surf fishing since she was two. You'll have a blast!

Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts