Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bigfish: After enduring about 72 hours of Gale force winds it finally calmed down enough for us to get out and try the river for trolling. Last week it had just started and we had one day with 18 nice fish up to 29".
Today, 5 0f us went exploring for a party we have tomorrow. Well, we found the motherload at the mouth of the Choptank. After trolling for about an hour at sunup with no takers we saw a hugh flock of gulls about a mile and a half away. Lines up and we were on our way.;-) We were all alone for the next 2 hours, we had fish on at every pass:thumbup: When we were done we had over 60 rock up to 35" with most over 29" !!!!
There were some thowbacks , about a dozen but the others were all big fat healthy fish:clapping2:
What a pleasure not to have have to deal with all those bluefish for a change. We are looking forward to a great fall season now that the rock have turned on. Now all we have to do is repeat for the paying customers tomorrow :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Charlie,Thank You for being my Decision maker!!!!Was going out of the Patapsco Sat.Readin' the reports,the U/B does'nt look great as of today.I'm headin' your way tomorrow out of Sandy Point!My cell is [443-904-0917.] Is yours still the same?Thanks! [Mike]

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Mike, Yea , still the same #. We'll be on channel 18 if you can't get me on the cell. The boat's name is "Big Will " and we will be in the mouth of the Choptank. I also hear that E-bay is heating up but with smaller fish than we were into. Good luck !!!!!

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Charlie,After seein' Brian's post,I don't know where to go.Patapsco is ALOT less Fuel and ALOT closer for me!Most likely I'll be down your way,Kinda got this "Problem" with Runnin' and Gunnin'!:D

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
WTG, Charlie :thumbup:
thanks for the report
hope those kind of fish continue to move up the bay

we may hit EBay if we launch from the Narrows tomorrow
but we'll probably head north to the mouth of the Chester

good luck tomorrow!

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Sounds good, but too far for me this morning since I need to check out recent repairs before venturing too far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts