Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NO HOOKS NO HOOKS NO HOOKS

That is the answer .........................NO HOOKS. :thumbup: :yes:

With many of us worried and concerned about the catching/releasing/damaging/bruising/etc the beloved striper this spring season, let's just not catch any.

That is the answer. Put your 10-20-30 trolling rods out, using your planers and outriggers and down riggers and umbrellas and tomics and big spoons and little spoons and para's and .......whatever.
Get your speed right, troll e/w, NOT n/s and have that gaft (I mean net at the ready) and have a great time.
Have your cooler full of beer and sandwiches and have a great time.

When you get that zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz run off, there you go. Start counting your catch. There is # 1. Just use a clicker and keep count. zzzzzzz zzzzzzz Oh boy....double header. add 2 to the counter. Man....are we having some fun now.
Then come on here and give us the report. 22 'zzzzzzzzz's = 22 fish.
Heck, you can even exaggerate and who's gonna call you on it. Gotta be quick with that camera thou to get the rod bent over.

This is the real deal guys. NO HOOKS NO HOOKS. Actually will give you more time to drink beer and tell stories about the big ones that got away. Heck, this will give you stories to last a life time, because they are all gonna get away.

Have at it. No harm...no foul. Don't forget to still pull in the lines and check for those snotballs thou, you don't want them slowing down your hits.

You're not gonna feel as sore the next day either. Won't have to be doing all that heavy duty winding in of those big ole stripers. Heck....that's not any fun anyway. Who really wants to actually catch a striper??? Might bruise that sucker. Let's just go for that boat ride, burn that gas, drink that beer and keep count of those suckers.

That's what I'm gonna do. NO HOOKS NO HOOKS NO HOOKS.

Go gettum guys. Have fun. Wahooooooo no hooks.
:clap: :clap: :clapping2: :thumbup: :fishing2: :rockon: ;-)

PS - DISCLAIMER -- just having some fun guys. not trying to start another post about c&r/fish dying/how to do this and that. Just spoofing around. very, very bored.

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Interesting Ron-

Didn't Superfish post a report once about catching fish with no bait, no hooks, and no pants? That was a long time ago. Perhaps I dreamed it. Maybe Popster can find it is his archives of Superfish threads.:yes:

Does the DNR "strongly recommend" you stop trolling without hooks when you reach one ZZZZZZZZ per man/woman?::clap: 2:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
But if we don't use any hooks the bay will be over run with stripers who will eat all of the remaining crabs. Time to catch more stripers. :yes: :yes: :yes:

·
Registered
397 Posts
LMAO!!!!:roflguy: :roflguy: :roflguy: :roflguy: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Ron this is the best post that I've read in a very long time. Those were the days when we fished "hookless" it was some of the best fishing I can remember in years. And look at all the money we saved not having to buy them. Maybe we should adopt a new fishing technique for all the TF brethren instead of "Force Jigging" we could all switch to the "Hookless Jigging" tecnnique. Sounds like a great plan.:clapping2: Oh by the way we missed you out there today. Only us and Francis for awhile with some very nice 4-5 footers with a beautiful NNE breeze at 20kts to help the sun tan. Although the fish did cooperate for my charter.:D

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys, Thanks. :))

Hank - I intend to start hitting it hard, starting tomorrow am. Prob will be crowded being fri and the forecast. I figured it would be rough today.
:))

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Actually I have made the mistake and left the hook protectors on before, felt real stupid. At least I had an excuse for not catching any that day.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thanks Ron, I am starting a new fishing club based on this post....

HOOKS ARE FOR SISSIES!!! HAFS for short...

Brandon, will you please create a forum for us HAFS, we want to keep out the HAFS nots...

Wow, I am bored... :D

Capt. Bryan Wentworth
Notorious Sportfishing

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Ron- I'm heading for cover when you retire:helpsmilie:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Why don't we all go eat some shrooms and then try to fish... you guys are nuts...oh well..time to find some inventive ways to shrink fish tales....

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
True story re: no hooks (I think)- a friend of mine liked to camp on the beach at Assateague. Only problem is you can't camp on the beach. You can fish overnight, however. So, my non-fishing friend would cast out a "sinker-only rig", put the rod in a holder, and then enjoy his overnight "fishing" trip. At least that was the story......

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I feel a whole new set of rules coming up.... How many hookless lures can you pull on each rod? Is there a special season for "bite & release" hookless fishing? Can we use hookless lures to target stripers in the tributaries in the spring?

:hysterical: :poke1: :hysterical: :poke1:

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
But Ron- I don't drink beer anymore. What am I gona do?:confused: :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
reminds me of Butch's posts while he was on med's:thumbup:

·
Registered
849 Posts
just wore out 3 skillsaws, my best chop saw, 2 metal cutting saws and 8 good pair of sidecutters cuttin' all them hooks offa 42 parachutes. i'm plumb wore out.

tomorrow i go to work on the storm shads......after a trip to hechingers to replace tools.

what's the trophy reg for hookless non-catching? :clap: :helpsmilie:

b

·
Registered
849 Posts
Thanks Ron, I am starting a new fishing club based on this post....

HOOKS ARE FOR SISSIES!!! HAFS for short...

Brandon, will you please create a forum for us HAFS, we want to keep out the HAFS nots...

Wow, I am bored... :D

Capt. Bryan Wentworth
Notorious Sportfishing
should that maybe not be the HAFS-ARSED? :yes: :D

b

·
Registered
708 Posts
That is just too funny. What if I do manage to land a striper and while removing the hookless shad or lure, I get the hookless shad or lure caught in my hand or finger (or eye) and can't release the striper quickly and unharmed. Would DNR understand that I was trying to remove the hookless lure or shad from my finger while the Striper flopped around on the deck? I dunno, I think I will just stick to old fashioned C&R. The hookless lures seem like too much trouble. :wacko: :rockon:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts