Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Here are the results, Pretty work Chad.
TKAA representing.

We had a 128 Kayak anglers today at the 2nd annual Jamaica Bay Tournament. Here are the results. Thanks to all for making it a great event.
Open Division:
First: Chad Hoover, 36" striped bass
Second: Chris Voorhies, 35 1/2" striped bass
Third: Jim Tucciarone, 33 1/2" weakfish

Fly Division:
First: Dan Duleboln, 33" striped bass
Second: Steve Liesman, 29" 1/2 weakfish
Third: Dave Petrosa 28 1/2" striped bass

Slam:
Steve Liesman 29 1/2" weakfish - 23 1/2" striped bass and a bluefish.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks guys. I'd like to start by saying thanks to fellow TKAA anglers Kevin (Redmoon) and Darrel (vayakfisherman). It was definitely a team effort. I would also like to thank our gracious hosts at the Sebago Canoe Club (Louis and Steve) in Brooklyn. Jon, Joey and the entire KFS team put together a great tourney for a great cause. We'll be back next year. Ryan, I was fishing from the Tarpon 140. I am on leave this week and ready to fish, if anyone is interested give me a call at 348-2232.
CPR,
Chad

·
Registered
36 Posts
That was a good trip. I learned a lot while in New York and I will share with you some of it. The first thing I learned was that a rudder would have saved me a ton of aggrevation in 20-25 mph winds. Second...don't fish for 4 hours after driving for 10 and then get up with five hours sleep and fish in 20-25mph wiinds for 5 hours. The last thing to remember....stick with the game plan. Your next cast could win the tourney.
There is nothing better than going to NY and bringing big(15ft) prizes back on your truck.
Chad is the man. I was glad he was on my side, at least he pretended cause he needed a ride back. (jk)

Cant wait for the next tourney

Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts