Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The James River Catfishing Club is something put together by Scott, Dayton, Eric and Joe. It is meant to be a group of people catfishing and having fun. We decided to put together a schedule of tournaments for 2005. We figured if we are going to do that we might as well have a point system with a champion. So here is an explanation of how it will work.

We have 10 tournaments on the schedule only 8 of them count towards the points. The 1st and last tournaments do not count as part of the points. Points are given to individuals based on the results of the team they are fishing with. Ideally you would want to fish with the same team for the entire season, but if that doesn't work out you can fish with another group or alone. Your worst tournament of the season will be dropped. So that means you can miss 1 tournament and still be in the running for the championship or if you have a bad day you are still in it.

This is not meant to compete with the VCA or the Showdown. We have tried our best to not have conflicting dates. There is only one date that conflicts and that is May 21st.

The goal of this series is to have fun. Of course is will be competitive, but hope fully not so much that we need a ton of rules.

We will payback 90% each tournament. 10% will be held for the person or team with the highest points at the end of the season. We will payback 1st, 2nd and 3rd at every tournament regardless of turnout.

We will hold a 50/50 raffle at each tournament. This money will go to buy things needed for the tournaments (ex. Scale, batteries, trophies, hats or whatever we, as a group, decide we need.)

Please voice your opinions and concerns. This can still be changed. We want to make everyone happy, but I wanted to get something down on paper before we showed everyone. Let us know what you think. Hopefully we can count on all TF members to come out and fish.

Here is the schedule.

NO MEMBERSHIP FEE - YOU MUST REGISTER @ [email protected]

Here is the point system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
whats the format for sat is it 3 places for the biggest blue{1 fish} and 3 places for the biggest flathead {1 fish} or is it biggest blue and flathead combined? ive been fishing this river for 25 years and have never caught a flathead in it. i guess i need to fish up river more often[grin][grin][grin]

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Each fish is its own catagory. 3 places for biggest blue (60% of pot) and 3 places for biggest flathead (40% of pot).

I have not caught many flatheads either but they are there. I caught a nice one in December right at the floating dock at Henricus. I am told that is really unusual for December. I think it was 17 pounds. Caught it right after my camcorder went overboard. The talk is they prefer live bait but I caught that one on cut. They should be biting with the river temp up and all this new bait in the river (perch, herring, shad).

Hope to see everyone there.

Dayton

·
Registered
471 Posts
Dont count me in I gotta work, hey fishman, you mean our buddy hasnt taught you to fish for flatheads yet, we have only caught one, and he weighed 19lbs, but he was caught in a gill net trying swallow a shad that was already caught.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
26-Mar....4/23/05........Angler
250...........240.........Kenny Pence
240...........250.........Josh Fitchett
250...........234.........Travis Clack
245...........240.........David Smith
245...........234.........Scott Cannon
245...........234.........Eric Gwinn
227...........245.........Dayton Keene
238...........229.........Wayne Long
227...........236.........Thomas Mallory
227...........236.........Donnie Keesecker
232...........229.........Joe Cannn
232...........229.........Meredith Cannon
250...............0.........Hugh Self
0...............250.........Jimmy Atkins
245...............0.........Mangold
0...............245.........Stape White
240...............0.........Anthony
0...............238.........Richard Mills
0...............238.........Gary Eagle
238...............0.........Pitman
236...............0.........Bill Stevens
236...............0.........Lynn
234...............0.........Wiseman
234...............0.........Jay Rey
0...............229.........Ronnie Alves
0...............229.........Jesse McMilliam
0...............229.........Terry Brentlinger
227...............0.........Thompson/Thompson
227...............0.........Steve Smick

·
Registered
434 Posts
[Q]RANGER690 originally wrote:
Hey Spin, are you fishing the VCA Saturday night? The Watkins tournament is a short one, you can do both.

Dayton
[/Q]

No I am going bass fishing around 5am until 3 or 4

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I have been watching the Dutch Gap boat ramp in the evening (weekends). Have come the conclusion that Dutch Gap is no place to have the takeoff for the Saturday tournament. So.....

Satudays 5pm sign up and takeoff will be held at Osborne landing. We will have room to tie up. We were told that we can not have a midnight weigh-in at Osborne. That is why we are having that at Dutch Gap.

So lets recap. Sign-up/takeoff for the Saturday June 11 is at Osborne Landing. 5 pm. Be there early so we can be ready to takeoff at 5pm.

JRCC

1 - 20 of 58 Posts