Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
looking to see if anyone has been out on the James here lately. Looking for that water temp, if there' s and ICe floating down the river. Thinking about putting in around Hopewell and give it a try here soon? Is there a specific VHF channel that everyone uses up there? thanks,
Mcal

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Kind of ashamed of myself for rarely fishing the river as I live only 6 miles from Jordan point and the same to hopewell, but getting someone on the VHF is rare this time of year. Damn, even in the summer, you'd be lucky to get one or two vessels on the VHF.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
River report

When out on the James Sat and here's the scoop. Water Temp 35 Degrees F, winds were out of the Nw at 15 and man was it COLD!! had a few bits nothing to go crazy over largest was 8lbs and had about 10 others in the 4-6lb range. I tried some eels but not luck, caught most of the cats on night crawlers. Hope to get out there again real soon...
Mcal

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BB,
I ended up launching out of Hopewell by the bridge. Went out today also and man was it cold this morning!! the fishing rods were iceing up! Still did ok caught about 20 or so but nothing of any size, i think that largest was about 5lbs.
Mcal

1 - 12 of 12 Posts