Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a guide named Jimmy. He's an older guy sorta on the slim side and not too tall? He was on the tv show I mentioned on another post. They showed a picture of Jordan Point too, bridge and all.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Jimmy Weir. He was one of the original guides on the James. He got married a few years ago and doesn't come down to the James that much anymore.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
many a women have ruined a good fishermen !

·
Registered
556 Posts
Mini Moe. my name is chris...not John.

I know that kinda stuff b/c Jimmy and I started fishing for blue cats about the same time and we did a lot of fishing together over the years. Buster Gough was the original catfish guide and then Jimmy followed a few years later. I believe the state record was in the 40 pound range back then. Then it quickly jumped up to 56 pounds with a fish caught on the Rapp. There use to be articles back then about which was the better river for blue cats....the James or the Rapp.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry Chris about the mistaken identity, I usually try to guess peoples names from e-mail addresses. That don't work. I appreciate the info. We know now which river won out, don't we?
The records keep getting shattered, 150's probably next.
ps I usually ask dumb questions, here goes another one: You go way back fishing with Jimmy all
those years. I'm wondering why they list you as a vetern member. I'm listed as a senior member, is it because I'm retired? I don't understand the ranking.

·
Registered
556 Posts
it's by how many posts you make. John is my first name but I go by my middle name.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts