Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out with a friend on the James today and got taken for a nice ride. First fish ever gotten in a kayak was this 20 to 25 pound cow nose ray. Every time I got it to the boat, it flapped its wings and I got a bit wet (hehe). [grin]

Anyway, it pulled me around for a while while Mac was getting ready to take pictures which was good because it needed to be tired out some so I could retrieve my jig.

Now to get my problem with the kayak I bought and I'll be okay. The one I'm in is a Tarpon 120 and it's a loaner while the Tarpon 140 I bought is being "serviced".

·
Registered
89 Posts
hey, sandtiger, congrats, you went ahead and bought a yak!

(you had asked me about yak fishing earlier in the summer - i'm the guy from jersey, now in va)

good for you!

hope it brings you a lot of pullage (and i don't just mean by cow nosed rays! :) )

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[Q]nirschman originally wrote:
hey, sandtiger, congrats, you went ahead and bought a yak!

(you had asked me about yak fishing earlier in the summer - i'm the guy from jersey, now in va)

good for you!

hope it brings you a lot of pullage (and i don't just mean by cow nosed rays! :) )
[/Q]

Yessir, that's me. The yak in the picture is NOT mine. I did buy one (a Tarpon 140 in Mango), but it has a problem with the hull. Seems Wilderness is going through problems and the dealer cannot get a replacement. Several have suggested I get my money refunded (which they will do) and go someplace else and get another one. Problem is that no one else will sell me one for what I paid for mine. So, I wrote to Wilderness' SVP, Marketing and Sales over the weekend. So far, no answer, but I'm keeping the faith......... and the yak I'm on is a loaner from the dealer. It's a Tarpon 120.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Follow-up;

Wilderness is giving me a new yak to replace the one I have that has a problem. The only thing is that they don't know exactly when because they are moving their manufacturing from NC to SC. I guess I'm using this one until they get everything together.

·
Registered
89 Posts
good for you, sandtiger ... from what i've been reading, the shallow water striper thing is starting to happen! may you get pulled around by big fish many times this fall!

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[Q]nirschman originally wrote:
good for you, sandtiger ... from what i've been reading, the shallow water striper thing is starting to happen! may you get pulled around by big fish many times this fall!
[/Q]

Why thanks!! I hope I get pulled around a lot this fall..........[grin][grin]

And just got another letter from Wilderness' rep telling me that I should be getting my new replacement boat in a few weeks. I think that's great that they are keeping up to date with the situation. That's what any good reputable company should do [excited]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts