Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 3 1/2 year old son and Doug Wilburn(Fish-ON) fishing up past the 95 bridge on the James River sunday afternoon. We we went out the water was stained and its still early on in the year so our expectation of catching lots of shad was not very high. Well after we anchored in our favorite spot we all casted out and we were waiting to see who would catch the first fish. On the second cast my little guy says I have one and sure enough he did. The drag started ripping and he wanted to give me the rod but I told him he could do it. Well after a good fight he brings to the boat a 5lb American Shad. What a way to start. The action was almost non-stop for the 3 hours we fished and most of the shad were nice big fish. We caught about 5 big american shad and about 20 nice big hickories in about 3 hours. It was a nice day on the water and the current is definately rolling.

On a side note: when your coming out of the Ancorrows landing going to the river be careful of the bank fishermen because they like to cast across the entrance. I had to pull up my motor at the last second the keep from catching a guys line. He didn't bother to move it or say anything but he had just finished a shouting match with another guy that put in before me.

Mike

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Shad

Way to go Mike, Doug and Little Mike. Glad you got into them Mike. If you remember Durwood and Bill Frayser from the club, they fish up there right often.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts