Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taken the yak out the past two days, Thursday was much better than today; Thursday I put in at the little floating dock downriver of the Annabell Lee pier (wouldnt reccomend it...its private/posted property). Friday I put in at the shiplocks park between I-95 and the Annabell Lee- nice launching spot.
Fished both days just above I-95 bridge. Caught 6 nice shad Thursday, all on gold spoons. Stopped catching fish when I ran out of spoons... Went back Fri with a good supply of spoons, but no one seemed interested in them at all. There were a couple guys who figured em out-- use a heavy sinking fly line, and one was nice enough to loan me a fly rod for the evening. Even with the rod and technique, I couldnt quite get them to cooperate... must have been user error.. But the fish are here..
good luck to all
JP

·
Registered
153 Posts
Talked to a friend at work who caught 80 or so hickories on monday. This warm weather week should be pretty good this weekend.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I put in at Anacarrow's landing yesterday and fished the first of the incoming tide. Paddled up to the rock island. Lot's of fish, though a lot of algae in the water until the tide started coming in good. Hickories are bigger now than last week. Also got 2 Americans. Pink and white fly was the best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts